What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 GF | PREMIERS - Cowboys 17-16* Broncos @ ANZ

2015 Premiers: Broncos or Cowboys?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

redvscotty

First Grade
Second best game I've seen. Sensational efforts from both teams going right to the wire.

Ben Hunt will come back and destroy sides next year, doesn't seem the type of bloke to go into his shell.

Pugzley

I hope JT gets aids!!! Bastard cost me a twenty. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness though, congrats to NQ and JT. What a way to break the hoodoo after all the bad luck and shenanigans that usually cost them a premiership tilt.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Incredible game. Such an enjoyable one to watch for the neutral. Both outstanding sides.

Kiwi

First Grade
Second best game I've seen. Sensational efforts from both teams going right to the wire.

Ben Hunt will come back and destroy sides next year, doesn't seem the type of bloke to go into his shell.

He has the likes of White, Bennett, Lockyer, Walters, Kearny, Parker, Thaiday and Boyd in his corner. He will get through this, of that I have no doubt.

Cracking game of football, congratulations to both sides. Can't help feeling sorry for Hunt. Broncos will be in it up to their ears next season. Enjoy the off season, cows.

beave

Coach
Cried like an 8 year old school girl at fulltime.

Way too emotional to really type anything remotley insightful or meaningful on here at the moment.

Probably no different to any other time.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

Way too emotional to really type anything remotley insightful or meaningful on here at the moment.

I was so numb that I wanted just one tear to come out but it wouldn't. Cowboys blokes around us, about 30-45 years old were all crying too. That was amazing to see.

Lots of tears in the Broncos end too after that heartbreak. Yet everyone stood and applauded. Was also great to see, no matter how much some of you hate us we will respect our fellow statesman.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Wasn't taking a shot at you individually, more your wider fan base, many who seem not to bothered or even seem to be happy their supposed team lost. For many, their support seems to be more about getting one over Sydney, which this year had already been accomplisehed, than passionately supporting their own team. Perhaps it's a side effect of never having been through a real tough period, perhaps it's just the Queenslander thing - state always comes first, even in club football.

Whatever it is, I can't fathom it. Supporting a team to me is a deep emotional attachment that leaves you elated when your team wins and gutted when your team gets done. Clearly it's the same for you, while it's not for at least a significant minority of your club's fan base.

And there is nothing worse than watching your team lose a Grand Final in the final moments. Nothing. I can't rustle up too much sympathy because I hate the Broncos so deeply, but you have what little I can. And I do feel for Ben Hunt, even though I know most Broncos fans would have nothing but derision if it was Gareth Widdop in those same shoes.

I wish you came along to the game. There were tears everywhere throughout the Broncos fans. You would have seen that not one was happy to lose. So many people came in groups of mates and families that had supporters from both, so it is a different scenario. People may hate the opposing club with a passion but there is a mutual respect for our statesmen.

On another note its amazing to see the support for Ben Hunt on facebook etc, from BRONCOS fans. Everyone else is destroying him, which is fair game.

Bronco18

Juniors
Well done to the Cowboys.

Got to say, for such an emotionally draining finish to the game, the respect shown around the ground was fantastic. My whole section gave the performance a standing ovation and we were far from alone.

Like last year with Souths, I don't think you could have scripted this any better for the Cowboys. Didn't get the lead until the very last second before going on with it.

Obviously feel gutted coming all this way only to see things go against my side, but it's difficult not be impressed with the enormity of the situation.

Even the post-game banter has been great. Couple of Cows fans have seen me in my Broncos jersey, stopped me to say great game.

Agree 100%.

Despite what a lot of people in this forum believe, emotions ran high during the game and it was a gut wrenching defeat. Look at what it took out of the players on the field. Afterwards though, every fan could still behave with great respect and class. A great day out at the football, even if it was a disappointing result (as a one-eyed Bronco).

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well done to the Cowboys.

Got to say, for such an emotionally draining finish to the game, the respect shown around the ground was fantastic. My whole section gave the performance a standing ovation and we were far from alone.

Like last year with Souths, I don't think you could have scripted this any better for the Cowboys. Didn't get the lead until the very last second before going on with it.

Obviously feel gutted coming all this way only to see things go against my side, but it's difficult not be impressed with the enormity of the situation.

Even the post-game banter has been great. Couple of Cows fans have seen me in my Broncos jersey, stopped me to say great game.

Great attitude. Well said.

Always next year!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Happy for you.

I know what you're feeling!!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Well done Cowboys. All a neutral can ask for is a quality game...I think it met that benchmark. Attacking creative footy in the first half, then the arm wrestle in the 2nd half, there was something for everything. And then that last play. To score a try as the siren sounds, kids imagine that as a fairytale when playing backyard footy.

I'm certainly no fan of the Broncos but I feel for them and their fans. That defending deserved a reward. They were literally seconds from glory. They tackled so much, it needed just 1 more tackle.

TheFrog

Coach
Definitely the best night grand final ever eclipsing 2003 and one of the best I have witnessed.

I think the quality of the match wasn't as good as 2003, but this one went right down to the wire whereas in 2003 the Roosters capitulated in the final 10 minutes or so.

Latest posts