What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16-0 Can the Colts do it?

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
I thought that J'ville would be the first team to beat the Colts this week but not now that Leftwich has broken his ankle.

circling eagle

Juniors
Well its still on, Jags down, but now its the chargers and Seahawks that are the the danger games. Has anyone seen interviews with the '72 Dolphins remaining players? This is why I hope they do it, most record holders are quite genuine when their records are under threat and if they do get broken they are generally happy for the person/ team that does it, but not these guys, they dont want anyone to join them and aren't afraid to say it.

camsmith

Juniors
Well they keep going along...

Im tipping a loss next week against the Chargers who will be REALLY fired up after todays loss..

BuffaloRules

Coach
As has already been said its unlikely they will do it because they will rest their players in Games 15 and 16. I'm tipping a loss away to Seattle with their second stringers playing most of the game...

This is what Dungy is saying...

Dungy insists chasing the Dolphins does not enter into his planning for the rest of the season.

"Sixteen-and-0 would be a nice footnote and it'd be great and we'd love to do it," Dungy said. "And we're going to try to do it. But it's not the ultimate thing."

eastsrule

Bench
and the patriots are awful. it's embarressing that they will make the finals at all.

Aweful? Tom Brady is the best Quarterback in the entire League. If the Defense was not so banged up, Patriots would be travelling much better.

No team will take the Pats lightly in the post-season.

circling eagle

Juniors
BuffaloRules said:
As has already been said its unlikely they will do it because they will rest their players in Games 15 and 16. I'm tipping a loss away to Seattle with their second stringers playing most of the game...

This is what Dungy is saying...

Very true, but lets not forget that the seahawks are in a similar poition, the division is wrapped up, and a 2 game break on the NFC for home field as well, they could very well have the NFC wrapped by the time they meet in a couple of weeks so whose to say they wont be resting a host of starters as well.

Chargers next week need this game and will bring the house with them to get the win, should be a great game.

camsmith

Juniors
eastsrule said:
Tom Brady is the best Quarterback in the entire League.

I think a certain guy playing for the Colts would think otherwise :cool:

On the Colts-Seahawks game... like circling eagle said, The seahawks might have already wrapped up their home field advantage for the post-season so like the Colts will probably just have their starters on for the first few drives if at all...

I still think the Chargers will break the colts streak, given that if they lose they are Goooornnne. I love this time of the season with the post season just around the corner, even better my teams in it :D

legend

Coach
The Patriots look to be coming into the home stretch pretty hard and every team will be looking over their shoulder if they get a few more players back before the playoffs.

Eelectrica

Referee
The Patriots will lose to the Bucs this weekend.
Then the Jets will rise to the occasion and cause a huge upset.
And in the in the final week the Patriots up by 11 with around 5 minutes to go will finally choke as the Dolphins who will be quietly on a 5 game win streak stage a comeback and steal the division title and have some revenge for 2002.

Dolphins somehow win the first playoff game.
Then it's Dolphins Vs Colts. The pride of the '72 Dolphins proves too much for the Colts to handle as the '05 Dolphins preserve the legacy.

Then I wake up.

circling eagle

Juniors
Eelectrica said:
The Patriots will lose to the Bucs this weekend.
Then the Jets will rise to the occasion and cause a huge upset.
And in the in the final week the Patriots up by 11 with around 5 minutes to go will finally choke as the Dolphins who will be quietly on a 5 game win streak stage a comeback and steal the division title and have some revenge for 2002.

Dolphins somehow win the first playoff game.
Then it's Dolphins Vs Colts. The pride of the '72 Dolphins proves too much for the Colts to handle as the '05 Dolphins preserve the legacy.

Then I wake up.

As unlikely as it may be, that would be awesome!

eastsrule

Bench
All of a sudden people are saying the Patriots are gaining momentum. I disagree. The Bills aren't exactly a quality team, particularly with their injuries.

The Patriots always had a good chance in my eyes, and whilst we are nowhere near able to defeat the Colts away at the moment, if we do beat the Bucs we will beat the Jets and Dolphins with ease.

It is just a matter of that momentum, with it comes confidence and we've already seen three times, what Tom Brady can pull off in post-season.

BuffaloRules

Coach
As I said, I'm tipping the colts will lose a game in the regular season, but injury free I can't see any team beating them at " home in the dome" during the AFC play offs.... No January trip to Foxboro required this year to get to the SuperBowl..

I'd like to see them win it this year...they have great talent deserving of the championship IMO.

And I agree with the other post regarding the arrogance of the 72 Dolphins... It would be great if they went undefeated to wipe the smirk off their faces....

J-Man

Juniors
If they don't sit their stars, then they probably will go 16-0.

They better not sit Edge, because I'm going to need him in my fantasy playoffs.