What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16, 17, 18

roboshark

Coach
we are getting close to 20

what round wil we hit 20 points in a game

sticky still very concerned by our attack..aftermatch comments saying that we have to stop putting ourselves in these tight situations

good that we are winning them at least i suppose

Weaponhead

Coach
Our attack is struggling. Our forwards are honest toilers who take it up strongly. The passing from the halves is dreadful. Compare the speed, width and accuracy of passing from our halves to Wallace and Lockyer and it is no wonder we rarely take advantage of any space out wide.

The game plan to beat Cronulla is simple. Score 4 tries and you win because we can't score 5. Having said that there is no tougher outfit in the comp than ours right now. We are grinding out tough away wins that will allow us to play with more freedom once we get a string of home games. This is when we will see if there is another dimension to our attack. If there is then we will make the 8 comfortably. If not then stand by for a repeat of last year.

Or the tough road trips will take so much out of them, that they'll be cactus by the time they get home. Happened in 2005

TheShiftyShark

Juniors
We have Souths, Panthers and Tigers and then a bye.

We should get atleast 20 against all 3.

Afterwards is the Cowboys, Broncos and Bulldogs, which will be tough (despite what happened against the Roosters)

Quigs

Immortal
Everybody in the Sutherland Shire, infact everybody with an ounce of Rugby League grey matter knows why 'we' don't score points.

It's been happening for years now. Farkin year after year.

And we resigned him.

Get an onfield general that can string together three attacking rucks inside the opponents 25yds and you will see the scoreboard tick over.

We should of posted 40 against that rabble last night.

We won that game through the MORE ARSE THEN CLASS plan.

Our attack could not pierce tissue paper.

And if anyone in here reckons we are seriously going to compete for the 'big prize' with that bloke at No7 is kidding themselves.

I've got one bit of advice for you - "stop it before you go blind"

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
Everybody in the Sutherland Shire, infact everybody with an ounce of Rugby League grey matter knows why 'we' don't score points.

It's been happening for years now. Farkin year after year.

And we resigned him.

Get an onfield general that can string together three attacking rucks inside the opponents 25yds and you will see the scoreboard tick over.

We should of posted 40 against that rabble last night.

We won that game through the MORE ARSE THEN CLASS plan.

Our attack could not pierce tissue paper.

And if anyone in here reckons we are seriously going to compete for the 'big prize' with that bloke at No7 is kidding themselves.

I've got one bit of advice for you - "stop it before you go blind"

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

You definately have a chubby for Noddy hate lately Quigs .. haha

Quigs

Immortal
Its not hate Cools.

I respect his effort and his enthusiasm....

He puts in week in week out. BUT

He has absolutely nothing to offer in attack. He should be our No1 gun when it comes to attack. He has held that rank for the past how many years.

And what have we got to show for it.

The best "worst" attacking stats of any decent team in the comp over the last how many seasons.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If it don't work, replace it.

If our new you beaut attacking match plan this season is to win all the close games we lost by one to four points last season then yes siree bob, we will come a respectable 7th or 8th again.

7th or 8th is a suitable result if you are a long term sharks supporter - "at least we made the semi's"

Everytime I watch another decent team playing on the idiot box and I see orchestrated attacking raids, I scratch me old head and think, f**k why can't we do that

Then the penny drops.

Watch em - and you will pick up some pennies too.

I guess it could be worse, I could be a Stain George Steelers supporter.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
Obvious as dogs balls and the nose on Gavin Millers face

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't think we can afford to have Bird playing 5/8 though Ima, looks like we're stuck with Noddy for now.. ( the loss of williams will cost us more than we realise) if he kicks well and gets the ball out wide thats all he needs to do. Buster, Bird, Kearney and even Gallen can make the plays.

Quigs

Immortal
The answer, I'd be happy if they threw him into hooker everytime we went on the attack and gave the No7 to farkin' Thommo or anyone- anyone .... that could put together at least three rucks to give us some attacking results.

Watch us when we end up inside the opposition quarter with four rucks to our credit.

Its all headless chooks, what's happening next, if it don't involve me then I better stay out of it attitude.

Instead of you go here. Hit it up there f**k you.... yes you. Its on in two.... another settler.... bang its on.

And mate, I am an old block headed front rower of absolutely no repute.

But even I knew to listen.... to go where I was told... do it as we trained....

Know what is happening - what should be happening - and who is involved. And more importantly if it didn't work then who would be there to clean it up.

And of course plan B - if plan A didn't work then we do this to get another crack at the mongrels...

Arrrhhhhhhhh trying to put brains in a monument.

Cheers
Declared idiot #88
Quigs

azzah72

Bench
I personally don't think we have anyone better than Noddy.

I'm not saying he's great, i sort of agree with the assessment Quigs gives him, tries hard but just isn't effective.

But i cannot see another person in our 25 who can effectively play half and control the team.

Buster is good but if you look at his game at 5/8, he's not an organizer, he plays decent out side of someone who is organizing, he played a few games at half last year but i don't think we were any better then than we are now.

Green was exactly what his last name says, needs more time.

Kearney, at best should be a live wire 5/8 in the vein of Campbell at penrith but he has found his home at fullback.

Bird goes ok @ 5/8 but he is just as effective at lock.

I think it is Kimmorley's defence and kick chases that keep us in the game alot of the time, and I haven't looked at the stats but i think he has had a hand in some of our tries this year.

I think our best set up is:

1. Kearney
6. Buster
7. Kimmorley
9. Kingston / De Gois
13. Bird

Fix the back line up a little, keep our forward on the park and thats our best side.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If Kimmorley gets injured , who plays half back?
IMO, it will be buster & green or Bird will play 5/8.
We need that to happen ASAP if our attack is to improve.
kicking the ball 20 metres into the corners is not an attacking skill.
it is an expected reflex action, just like running.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I personally don't think we have anyone better than Noddy.

I'm not saying he's great, i sort of agree with the assessment Quigs gives him, tries hard but just isn't effective.

But i cannot see another person in our 25 who can effectively play half and control the team.

Buster is good but if you look at his game at 5/8, he's not an organizer, he plays decent out side of someone who is organizing, he played a few games at half last year but i don't think we were any better then than we are now.

Green was exactly what his last name says, needs more time.

Kearney, at best should be a live wire 5/8 in the vein of Campbell at penrith but he has found his home at fullback.

Bird goes ok @ 5/8 but he is just as effective at lock.

I think it is Kimmorley's defence and kick chases that keep us in the game alot of the time, and I haven't looked at the stats but i think he has had a hand in some of our tries this year.

I think our best set up is:

1. Kearney
6. Buster
7. Kimmorley
9. Kingston / De Gois
13. Bird

Fix the back line up a little, keep our forward on the park and thats our best side.

Nope azzah, none. Doesn't have a TA to his credit. May have thrown a pass early in a move that led to a try but he's put nothing on. Hasn't even laid on a kick for a try.

Frenzy.

Immortal
If Kimmorley gets injured , who plays half back?
IMO, it will be buster & green or Bird will play 5/8.
We need that to happen ASAP if our attack is to improve.
kicking the ball 20 metres into the corners is not an attacking skill.
it is an expected reflex action, just like running.

Unlike Birdbrain who managed to punt one 50 whilst going backwards.

azzah72

Bench
Nope azzah, none. Doesn't have a TA to his credit. May have thrown a pass early in a move that led to a try but he's put nothing on. Hasn't even laid on a kick for a try.

well I'll stand corrected on that then but i still think he is our best option atm, which isn't saying much.