What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | Origin I | Wed 1 Jun | NSW 4-6 QLD | ANZ

Origin I 2016: Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Origin2016-G1-NSWQLD.gif

NSW-MAIN-2016-SQU-150.jpg

1. Matt Moylan 2. Blake Ferguson 3. Michael Jennings 18. Josh Morris 5. Josh Mansour 6. James Maloney 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Paul Gallen 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Bird
Interchange: 14. Dylan Walker 15. James Tamou 16. David Klemmer 17. Andrew Fifita

QLD-MAIN-2016-SQU-150.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Corey Oates 3. Greg Inglis 4. Justin O'Neill 5. Dane Gagai 6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Matthew Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. Nate Myles 11. Matt Gillett 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Michael Morgan 15. Josh Mcguire 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Josh Papalii

REF-WHITE-ORIGIN-2016-SQU-150.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel, Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Patten, Ashley Klein;

Under 16's Origin 6pm kickoff

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Depends who we pick. If rumoured sides are true, we are finally putting the side through a refresh and putting in the likes of Reynolds, Moylan, etc.

NSW has one of the worst losing cultures in Australian sport though, so I won't be getting caught up too much in it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Squad named with positions to be confirmed.

Greg Bird . Boyd Cordner . Josh Dugan . Robbie Farah . Blake Ferguson . Andrew Fifita . Tyson Frizell . Paul Gallen . Josh Jackson . Michael Jennings . David Klemmer . James Maloney . Josh Mansour . Josh Morris . Matt Moylan . Adam Reynolds . James Tamou . Dylan Walker . Aaron Woods
Bryce Cartwright (development player)

http://leagueunlimited.com/news/leagueunlimited-origin-teams-2016-game-i/

GongPanther

Referee
Same forward pack.Congrats to the 5 new debutantes.

Obviously Cartwright's defense is an issue.He will learn from his involvement by hanging around the squad and will fine tune his defensive irregularities.

GongPanther

Referee
"development player"

Either pick someone or don't.

Like I just said.He needs to work on his defense.I.E. a development player. He will be tutored within the camp to get his defense up to speed as he simply needs his bad habits coached out of him.

Being around this squad will help him,and eventually the Blues.

All good.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
"development player" lol, just call him the 18th or 19th man.

anyway I just hope this game isn't as boring as the opening game last year, that was f**king atrocious.

gotta say i'm already jaded with the coverage its getting and the squads aren't even named yet. the build up and hype gives me serious origin fatigue.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
"development player"

Either pick someone or don't.

I don't see any issue with this whatsoever.

Qld have had a culture of development squads and bringing fringe players into camp to get a taste of how it all works.

Players who have done this previously have raved about what they got out of it.

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Phil Gould mentioned on his twitter that he started the development player back in 2003 when he named Luke Lewis and Kurt Gidley.

So it has been around for a bit.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
It's been around for a while but they used to bring in half a dozen or so young blokes to train and experience camp. You don't name one bloke out of 20 as a 'development' player he will feel like an outsider imo.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
It's been around for a while but they used to bring in half a dozen or so young blokes to train and experience camp. You don't name one bloke out of 20 as a 'development' player he will feel like an outsider imo.

Well you can sleep tonight knowing that Bryce's sensibilities will not be harmed.

Apparently he is out of the squad with a thumb injury......