What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R5 | Sat | MEL 18-14 NEW | AAMI

R5: Storm v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Noname36

First Grade
Oh well, at least they're trying.

Were always going to get run down when Melb had all that possession - especially after losing 2 players.

I think we're going in the right direction - it's just going to take a lot of time which we all already knew.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
Oh well, at least they're trying.

Were always going to get run down when Melb had all that possession - especially after losing 2 players.

I think we're going in the right direction - it's just going to take a lot of time which we all already knew.

40 Mins side last week, 60 min side today...they are getting there

Grapple

Bench
What's with the cowbell shit?

All I know is they've been doing it since the days when they played at the graveyard. Not that intimidating but kinda worked back in the day when their crowd was so silent because they won so much.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It ended up being closer than people expected, but I wouldn't say that had a whole lot to do with us being good.

Melbourne's handling was atrocious and if they'd taken more advantage of the oodles of penalties we gave away, they'd have steamrolled us.

Forwards did their jobs, but the backs and halves were virtually unsighted.

And apologies to Aku - that try wasn't his fault on rewatching it. The side didn't slide and, to his credit, he was one of our better metre eaters today.

LESStar58

Referee
As a ref myself I try and avoid bagging the NRL refs but Perenara really was rotten today. Could have sin binned the Knights player for the infringement that attributed to the leveling PG. Spoke to Hodgkinson after so many ruck infringements but didn't have the cajones to do so. Having said that I think a few Newie fans would pick holes in some of the penalties awarded to Melbourne.

Should probably go back to reserve grade. He's been awful.

macavity

Referee
As a ref myself I try and avoid bagging the NRL refs but Perenara really was rotten today. Could have sin binned the Knights player for the infringement that attributed to the leveling PG. Spoke to Hodgkinson after so many ruck infringements but didn't have the cajones to do so. Having said that I think a few Newie fans would pick holes in some of the penalties awarded to Melbourne.

Should probably go back to reserve grade. He's been awful.

Spot on. Won the storm the game.