What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R7 | Thu | MAN 10-22 PAR | Brookvale

Round 7: Sea Eagles v Eels

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
A really good game.

Imo...

Parra dudded on the takirangi no try
Norman was better than foran
Lyon has hit the wall big time
Stewart on the decline now very evident
The two fridges played well for manly (blake and the other lad)
Matai i thought was pretty good for manly, made that great try saver on alvaro ??
Turbo got ran down by zimmerframe scott lol
Radradra just seems to toy with people at times with his pace, burnt both lyon and turbo with a stop and go.
Scoreline flatters parra somewhat, was a tough fight until the last 10 when parra came over the top.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
A really good game.

Imo...

Parra dudded on the takirangi no try
Norman was better than foran
Lyon has hit the wall big time
Stewart on the decline now very evident
The two fridges played well for manly (blake and the other lad)
Matai i thought was pretty good for manly, made that great try saver on alvaro ??
Turbo got ran down by zimmerframe scott lol
Radradra just seems to toy with people at times with his pace, burnt both lyon and turbo with a stop and go.
Scoreline flatters parra somewhat, was a tough fight until the last 10 when parra came over the top.

I think to be fair, Tom was manoeuvring and angling to evade the other tackler so was in no way shape or form running in a straight line at his top speed. The other tackler (cannot remember who) was herding him infield towards where Scott was running from.

Fantastic effort by Scott though.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Agreed, he was running diagonally to evade Radradra who was mowing him down and wouldve eventually got him. It was a great 'team play' by scott to drop back and cover that angle. Attitude and all that jazz.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Agreed, he was running diagonally to evade Radradra who was mowing him down and wouldve eventually got him. It was a great 'team play' by scott to drop back and cover that angle. Attitude and all that jazz.

"Team play" sums up well how they are playing.

Maybe the Dalai Arthur is the chosen one after all......

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Wonder when Walker/Barrett will swallow their pride and realise Walker isn't a five-eighth?

Personally think Walker is improving each game.

Let's see how far he has come once he gets 8-10 games in a row with DCE at 7 rather than Api and then make a more educated all on that.

I think his kicking has improved a lot.

With Api there you have 2 blokes just taking on the line with no real ball playing and shock, horror - bugger all tries and options in attack.

Sure he's not setting the world on fire like Milford after his switch, but he is progressing and after Milford's sensational (and rapid) success last year, I think the benchmark people are judging him on is too unrealistic.

yobbo84

Coach

Let's see how far he has come once he gets 8-10 games in a row with DCE at 7 rather than Api and then make a more educated all on that.

With Api there you have 2 blokes just taking on the line with no real ball playing and shock, horror - bugger all tries and options in attack.

Sure he's not setting the world on fire like Milford after his switch, but he is progressing and after Milford's sensational (and rapid) success last year, I think the benchmark people are judging him on is too unrealistic.

He's only a kid and has plenty of upside. On his day he's a test-quality centre and better than both Matai and Lyon (today, not in their prime). You'd get much more out of swapping him and Lyon IMO (who is slowing down rapidly). But hey, it's Manly, so who cares ;-)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Walker surprised me last night at 5/8, better then expected. Just needs some time.

Eaglestar

Juniors
The loss of Parcel and Lawrence before the game didn't help i didn't expect them to be out. They did well Manly just that last 10 minutes let them down when were leading 10-8. Walker just needs more time and they'll get players back. They'll certainly improve more and more as the year progresses.