What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17 great characters and crowd pleasers!

parra pete

Referee
How could you leave out Lee Oudenryn? The fastest winger ever to beat Martin Offiah after Offiah slipped at a pre-match race in 1993 and then back up to beat to a touring Great Britain side with Kenny leading the way! :D

Could run fast..FULL STOP. That was IT...

parra pete

Referee
This is about characters isn't it. Not about BEST or anything like that...

Ken Thornett (Electrifying, THE MAN)
Ken Foord (Pluck an intercept from anything)
Fred Pickup (A Cumberland Thrower expert with Ivor (nackeroff) Lingard
Ron Boden (Took a pair of thongs, a tee shirt and shorts on a Kangaroo tour and wore Tony Brown clothes. Tony was his room mate and the snappiest dresser of all)
Bob Richards (the master of the stiff arm. Parra's answer to Mike Sullivan)
Bomber Peard (funniest bloke I know)
Terry Reynolds (Long haired..cheeky)
Peter Ryan (came over from Newtown in 1960. Blind in one eye)
Brian Hambly (Grumpy..putting fear into opponents)
Noel Dolton (Tombstone..met him on a cruise last year. Great Character
Billy Rayner (Another of my all time favourites)
Roy Fisher (played 170 games of FIRST grade straight. Blood nut..one of the all time Parra greats.

Reserves
Leo Toohey (another Beau Brummel. I really rated him. I was disappointed when they let him go and signed Ivor Lingard)
Ron Lynch. (Thirsty//Always gave 100%)
Bear O'Reilly (Another character who was always up for a laugh)

yy_cheng

Coach
This is about characters isn't it. Not about BEST or anything like that...

Ken Thornett (Electrifying, THE MAN)
Ken Foord (Pluck an intercept from anything)
Fred Pickup (A Cumberland Thrower expert with Ivor (nackeroff) Lingard
Ron Boden (Took a pair of thongs, a tee shirt and shorts on a Kangaroo tour and wore Tony Brown clothes. Tony was his room mate and the snappiest dresser of all)
Bob Richards (the master of the stiff arm. Parra's answer to Mike Sullivan)
Bomber Peard (funniest bloke I know)
Terry Reynolds (Long haired..cheeky)
Peter Ryan (came over from Newtown in 1960. Blind in one eye)
Brian Hambly (Grumpy..putting fear into opponents)
Noel Dolton (Tombstone..met him on a cruise last year. Great Character
Billy Rayner (Another of my all time favourites)
Roy Fisher (played 170 games of FIRST grade straight. Blood nut..one of the all time Parra greats.

LOL Pete. Probably only 5 people on this forum have seen these guys play :D

parra pete

Referee
Going baaaack, goinggggggggg baccccck. Looooooooooooooook into my eyeeeeeeeeeees

Looook into my eyes. Who else do you see....

Master, I see (winger) Arch Brown,(fullback) (Elastic) Bland Liles, five eight Leo Toohey, half back Robin (Chooky) Gair, lock Rod (Knuckles) Blundell, winger Mike Jackson, centre Derek (Pasty) Hallas, prop/secondrow Noel (Storkey) Cornwall, centre Paul Pyers....BTW ...I don't expect anyone to have seen these blokes go around...just an old bloke remembering...aaaah, the memories.

parra pete

Referee
Mark Tookey

Toooooooooooookey, an old Hay Magpie......and an honorary member of the Hay Magpies Old Boys Association..."Once a Magpie, Always a Magpie"

BTW...he would be named as one of the characters who played out here too.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
I tried to add a photo,,,but I'm buggared if I know how to do it...Apart from sending it to Bart :lol:

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
:lol:

Pete, if the photo is already on the internet somewhere, then you can right click on it, choose "View Image" (or Properties), and highlight and copy the location as shown in the browser (or next to Address).

Then when you come here to post in a thread, look for the
insertimage.gif
button above where you're typing, click it and then paste the internet location/address of the photo and click OK.

If it's a photo just from your computer and not on the internet... yeah, that's a bit trickier and it's easy to send 'em through to me. :thumn

parra pete

Referee
Parrapete

This is the photo of Mark playing for Hay...He turned into a rainbow....on the way to this page...

Latest posts