What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmawave

Bench
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did they count the crowd and double it?

There was less people there last night than against Canberra ( which would have been lucky to reach 14 - 15,000 last week ) but somehow our listed attendance went up even though our crowd went down. Perplexing lol

Are there former Roosters employees working at our club ;-)

roopy

Referee
More people paid for the under cover seats. The AJ stand was pretty full where i was sitting this week and had quite a few empty seats last week.
At $36 a seat i'd say the club cleaned up this week.

Karmawave

Bench
The Knights used to name crowds that always seemed less than what was really there. Closer to game time, they'd open the gates and let every one in without them being counted.

Not anymore, its turned full circle!

Now they make a mockery of the official attendance :lol:

roopy

Referee
With the new system of scanned tickets this year i assume we are getting an accurate count.
The previous system of someone going round and asking the guys on the different gates for a count and tallying them up was pretty hit and miss.

MC DUI

Juniors
Yeah no way there was 18K there last night, unless they were counting all the pre-purchases?

But the crowd that was there made plenty of noise, it was great, much better than last week.

I swear me and my mates got the chants going several times, good stuff.

Karmawave

Bench
Oh yeah the atmosphere towards the end of the game was great.

There couldn't possibly be an accurate count Roopy. There was clearly less people there than last week , yet they reckon there were more :lol:

Not that it all really matters, its just a bit baffling. The bottom line will be the financials which the club can't fudge. I hope they get their 18,000 sales as they claim!

Radioactive Man

Juniors
Why so negative ? I thought there was about 18k there last night. Both grandstands ( top and bottom) were much more packed than last week.
Thte hills may have been bit more bare but what a great turn up considering the weather eh ?

Karmawave

Bench
No I was planning to at halftime and the next thing you are on TV as some sorta star :lol:

Thought I'd leave you to it :lol:

strewth_mate

Bench
Thte hills may have been bit more bare but what a great turn up considering the weather eh ?

The hills were looking ok earlier in the day, but everyone bolted to under the corporate boxes when the rain came :lol: poor buggers.

Terminator

First Grade
The crowd was bigger than last week, but it looked more like 15,000 not 18. Still pretty sad compared to the old days, the last manly newcastle I went to up there got just under 27,000, about two years ago, wheres everyone gone?

roopy

Referee
On the positive side - in the old days a rainy day would see a 12k crowd, but i suspect the new stand means a rainy day means extra money because people pay extra for grandstand seats.
This game probably paid as well as a 20k crowd on a good day.

Kaplan

Juniors
i wasnt at either of the first two games, but it certainly looked bigger on the tv than last week. Decent crowd considering the weather. Lets just hope that we can push it up well into the 20's when we get a fine sunday arvo game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've been to enough matches at EAS to know that was a pretty accurate figure last night. The AJ stand was full to the rafters except for bays 1 & 11, both hills were relatively solid and the western stand had barely a seat left empty also.

18k sounds about right to me tbh

Timmah

Staff member
Terminator said:
The crowd was bigger than last week, but it looked more like 15,000 not 18. Still pretty sad compared to the old days, the last manly newcastle I went to up there got just under 27,000, about two years ago, wheres everyone gone?

Finals week one 2006

2008 Season Round 2

The word in bold is the one that will answer your question ;-)

Karmawave

Bench
In all seriousness, even if the Knights don't win their next couple of games away from home, as long as they show the same effort and commitment, they should pack the place to the rafters for our next home game against Brisbane.

Sunday afternoon, team to be proud of, strong opposition.

Should be looking at 25,000 that day.

Timmah

Staff member
Lots of people sounding keen to go who I've spoken to, I think I'm working but I would definitely recommend it, it'll be a cracker of a match.

darkness

Juniors
so that was you on the big screen, Mac. Now I know what you look like. I was wandering why Pika was snikkering and giggling like a school girl.

macavity

Referee
darkness said:
so that was you on the big screen, Mac. Now I know what you look like. I was wandering why Pika was snikkering and giggling like a school girl.

its because he has a man-crush on me.

Latest posts