What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Just reinforces the stupidity of having an outer metro aligned team instead of a city wide appealing one like Brisabne2 should have been. If it knocked 5k+ of the gate it probably says they haven't yet achieved city appeal. They've won more than theyve lost so far this year so form isnt an issue.

the next test will be Manly on a Thursday night. Then they have clubs with big away fanbases so their numbers will be boosted by other teams fans.

They are doing ok, as was predicted. Yr 4 onwards, depending on form, will be the measure of if Brisbane can host a third club or not.
The lack of trains didn’t just affect Redcliffe lmao

yet again Perth red talking total bs

Perth Red

Post Whore
The lack of trains didn’t just affect Redcliffe lmao

yet again Perth red talking total bs
I thought it would be obvious to even the most stupid that the lack of trains means the further out you live the harder it becomes to get there? Sorry I gave you more credit than was due.

Didnt they have buses running instead?

Or maybe the hype is dying down and against a team with no away fans in Brisbane this is actually nearer the true active supporter base for the Phins? Too early to say.

Wb1234

Referee
I thought it would be obvious to even the most stupid that the lack of trains means the further out you live the harder it becomes to get there? Sorry I gave you more credit than was due.

Didnt they have buses running instead?

Or maybe the hype is dying down and against a team with no away fans in Brisbane this is actually nearer the true active supporter base for the Phins? Too early to say.
Imagine a Perth fan trying to deathride the dolphins

fmd you are a funny individual

if the dolphins can’t succeed Perth has zero chance

Perth Red

Post Whore
Imagine a Perth fan trying to deathride the dolphins

fmd you are a funny individual

if the dolphins can’t succeed Perth has zero chance
whoosh, the sound of my point travelling way way over your head.

I said they doing ok, which they are. I predicted yr2-4 theyd likely get crowd drop off, but that their crowds will be big enough to sustain them with the boosts from well supported clubs in Brisbane. So far my predications on most things to do with them is shaping up or has come true.

If they were the best choice, or if a genuine Brisbane2 club would have been better, is now well cooked and pointless as that decision was made. We can only hope they can keep building and be more successful than SEQ2 was.

Calling League fans in WA wankers.

Just hurry up and admit you're an AFL troll. You can't stand League and want to keep it out of WA cause you want it for AFL only.
You really need to see a psychiatrist about your paranoia. It's not normal to think the lack of an NRL team in Perth means there must be a conspiracy between the ARLC, ARU, News Ltd and Ch9 to give the Force "space". There's zero logic to your conspiracy.

Why are you so obsessed with plonking unwanted teams in fumbleball markets?

No one other than a nutcase thinks an NRL team in Perth will make any difference to the city's sports landscape. AwFuL couldn't care less because they have the market sewn up. A third AwFuL club in Perth would make life very hard for an NRL club.

I've seen you admit in the past that fumbleball is followed in Perth to a far greater extent than rugby league in Brisbane and Sydney.

So what is there to gain from creating a Perth-based team that will be lucky to carve out a very small niche within a parochial fumbleball market?

reanimate

Bench
Imagine if the people who invented the early forms of Rugby rules had the same attitude towards the game. Nah, don’t bother trying to expand it, the Football Association (or what was to become the Football Association) has too tight a grip on other markets, let’s just focus on our own little patch and hope for the best. Don’t bother trying to get other nations and regions playing under our rules, it’ll never catch on, Football Association rules are too ingrained etc.

Imagine if the people who invented the early forms of Rugby rules had the same attitude towards the game. Nah, don’t bother trying to expand it, the Football Association (or what was to become the Football Association) has too tight a grip on other markets, let’s just focus on our own little patch and hope for the best. Don’t bother trying to get other nations and regions playing under our rules, it’ll never catch on, Football Association rules are too ingrained etc.

How did expansion go for the ARU?

They added teams in ACT, Melbourne and Perth. Brisbane and Sydney were left as one team cities. Now the game is almost dead in its heartland and has fallen over in Perth and Melbourne.

I hear ACT is close to going under, too?

Would you be willing to relocate the Sea Eagles to Perth for the "good of the game"?

If not then why are you telling large clubs like the Brisbane Tigers to stay in the Queensland Cup so we can put a team in Perth that's as small as Manly?

The Brisbane Tigers will be a much bigger and richer club than the Sea Eagles.

Wb1234

Referee
Lmao union. Was about limiting or excluding the working class from the game

The whole reason RL exists is because RU treated its working class players like shit. RU failed to compete with soccer at the club level in almost every part of the world, hence the reason it has relied on the top down approach of basing everything around Test matches.

Cricket and netball are in a similar boat. The biggest problem for cricket, RU and netball is they're trying to compete with soccer at the international level. Winning a cricket, RU or netball world cup is like winning gold at the Commonwealth Games. No one cares in today's globally connected society because most of the world doesn't compete in it. People cared when countries were isolated from one another because there was little to celebrate back then. Technology has everyone connected to one another. Soccer is a truly international game. Winning the soccer world cup is damn hard and brings prestige because every country plays the game.

reanimate

Bench
How did expansion go for the ARU?

They added teams in ACT, Melbourne and Perth. Brisbane and Sydney were left as one team cities. Now the game is almost dead in its heartland and has fallen over in Perth and Melbourne.

I hear ACT is close to going under, too?

Would you be willing to relocate the Sea Eagles to Perth for the "good of the game"?

If not then why are you telling large clubs like the Brisbane Tigers to stay in the Queensland Cup so we can put a team in Perth that's as small as Manly?

The Brisbane Tigers will be a much bigger and richer club than the Sea Eagles.
I was talking about the early days of Rugby, pre-schism. What the ARU/RA did later is irrelevant to my point, which is that the early purveyors of Rugby rules didn’t have your attitude, hence the spread of the game.
Without the early expansion and spread of Rugby rules from where it began, the NRL wouldn’t have existed. At least not in the form we know it today.

Latest posts