What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

ok we’ll count the people who turned out for one game last year, so 45k members lol. Dolphins are fudging the numbers as much as tigers did. Membership numbers are worthless as totally being fudged with freebies and one game cheap memberships by clubs now.
So you're adding another 45k members to the Dolphins' tally?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Bit disingenuous of you, that is for their one off game in Darwin! The lowest membership they do for the Gold Coast is a 3 game papass.
Mate, it's a one game membership which don't exist in the AFL according to Dane. As per his and it seems your logic they shouldn't be selling them and just sell tickets instead.

The one gamers are less about the match revenue and more about getting valuable client info for marketing. That's the reason they exist and good on any NRL club that does it. You moaned for years about them not doing enough to engage an active fan base and now this is common and you are moaning about that.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Took me all of 10 seconds to fact check, you should try it some time not just rely on Twitter lol
Fact check that they do indeed sell 1 gam e memberships 🤣🤣🤣

You must be furious about the "fudging" going on in the AFL for decades with regards to non ticketed memberships and out of town supporter memberships.

As usual you are only critical when it's the NRL doing something you don't approve of, but turn a blind eye when the fumblers do it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Mate, it's a one game membership which don't exist in the AFL according to Dane. As per his and it seems your logic they shouldn't be selling them and just sell tickets instead.

The one gamers are less about the match revenue and more about getting valuable client info for marketing. That's the reason they exist and good on any NRL club that does it. You moaned for years about them not doing enough to engage an active fan base and now this is common and you are moaning about that.
Its a one game membership because its an on the road game and they are only playing one game there! like I said disingenuous and a quick look would have shown that for the home memberships they have, 3 games is the min. Did you find any examples that actually reflect what NRL clubs are doing ie offering a one game home membership for less than a gate ticket cost?

Yes I know, there is nothing at all wrong with it, its a good way to build a client database. The issue is when people want to throw membership numbers out as some sort of measure of active fanbase or growth when they are clearly not.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fact check that they do indeed sell 1 gam e memberships 🤣🤣🤣

You must be furious about the "fudging" going on in the AFL for decades with regards to non ticketed memberships and out of town supporter memberships.

As usual you are only critical when it's the NRL doing something you don't approve of, but turn a blind eye when the fumblers do it.
sigh. The Tigers and Storm have shown what a sham NRL membership numbers are. Using them as some sort of growth data evidence at this point in time is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Its a one game membership because its an on the road game and they are only playing one game there! like I said disingenuous and a quick look would have shown that for the home memberships they have, 3 games is the min. Did you find any examples that actually reflect what NRL clubs are doing ie offering a one game home membership for less than a gate ticket cost?

Yes I know, there is nothing at all wrong with it, its a good way to build a client database. The issue is when people want to throw membership numbers out as some sort of measure of active fanbase or growth when they are clearly not.
68930097-B51C-45F8-8087-9C9B9DF36022.jpeg

I saw this in the article.

The Dolphins played in a sold-out NRL double-header at Optus Stadium last year, and Bennett has spoken to the Perth bid about their plans.

There were 15k empty seats. The Perth mob are full of shit.

Colk

First Grade
Perth will be getting a new AwFuL team not far from where Perth Rat lives in Joondalup.

Well according to their CEO they are not likely, unless he is of course he is being flippant and it was a throwaway line. Btw I really hope they go to Darwin

Well according to their CEO they are not likely, unless he is of course he is being flippant and it was a throwaway line. Btw I really hope they go to Darwin

Did you read this part of the article?

The business case acknowledges an $18.89 million per year funding gap, meaning additional AFL, territory and federal funding is likely to be required for the team to operate.

It expects the team, once operational, to involve 165 jobs on and off the field and 180 indirect employees, while also conceding a number of risks.

These include needing a fit-for-purpose stadium, commercial viability, Indigenous community support and the team to perform well, noting: “Expansion teams in the AFL have experienced mixed successes in terms of performance. Sustained poor on and off field performance of a NT Club may have a detrimental impact on its long-term success and viability.”​

It will be a disaster.

Who will want to play for them?

Latest posts