What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Is it a secret? You said Perth get your resources, just trying to work out what they are?
It’s no secret but I am sure whatever I write some clown will try to put down. I’ve encountered many you’s before.

2021 - 1600 junior participation per annual report
2022 - 1650 junior participation per annual report
2023 - 1800 junior participation per annual report

Bukowski

Juniors
It’s no secret but I am sure whatever I write some clown will try to put down. I’ve encountered many you’s before.

So Perth has more. What resources does Perth get or need from the bears?

Centy Coast

Juniors
I just did a quick search on ASIC and there is....

Perth Jets & Perth Bears Rugby League Football club

Both registered in June 2022. I would put a screenshot if I had the ability to do so on this forum.
Don’t go to Bears Perth club you’ll get a rude shock lol

Centy Coast

Juniors
Yes Perth has more adults who play rugby league - a lot of expats. But junior pathways? Yeah cheers - again I’ve encountered many you’s in the past.
Lots of negative Nellie’s on here, you say something and they doubt you straight up and want proof up front yadda, yadda, yadda.
I’ve said for years that talks were continuing with WA and that the Bears were waiting on the NRL to point them in whichever direction.
But no Perth Red knew better lol.
And I’ll tell you now V’Landys’ is moving quickly now because there had been some very fruitful initial talks between the Bears and the Brisbane Tigers.
Talks and rumours that were even swaying me.
If Perth Bears doesn’t happen, Easts Brisbane Bears definately will.

Vlad59

Juniors

North Sydney junior teams this year are 117 compared with 118 last year. I’d say you can bank 1800 players this year as well.

Wb1234

Referee
Lots of negative Nellie’s on here, you say something and they doubt you straight up and want proof up front yadda, yadda, yadda.
I’ve said for years that talks were continuing with WA and that the Bears were waiting on the NRL to point them in whichever direction.
But no Perth Red knew better lol.
And I’ll tell you now V’Landys’ is moving quickly now because there had been some very fruitful initial talks between the Bears and the Brisbane Tigers.
Talks and rumours that were even swaying me.
If Perth Bears doesn’t happen, Easts Brisbane Bears definately will.
Yeh Brisbane 3 to take Perths spot would be beautiful

North Sydney junior teams this year are 117 compared with 118 last year. I’d say you can bank 1800 players this year as well.
Yes and it’ll increase next year with a few more grades coming back in. Either way, there is established pathways there with people who know how it works to be critical to the success of the set up in Perth - should it happen.

Centy Coast

Juniors
So Perth has more. What resources does Perth get or need from the bears?
If I have to explain this to you you clearly do not understand how rugby league works.
With the Bears current partnership with the Storm they will definately pick up some pointers on how to develop rugby league in a AFL dominated State.
If the Bears can bring any knowledge from the Storms development systems it will only be an added bonus.

Wb1234

Referee
If I have to explain this to you you clearly do not understand how rugby league works.
With the Bears current partnership with the Storm they will definately pick up some pointers on how to develop rugby league in a AFL dominated State.
If the Bears can bring any knowledge from the Storms development systems it will only be an added bonus.
Perf fans with a poor knowledge of rugby league

I’m shocked

Bukowski

Juniors
Another secret?
You can't get that by just head hunting the right people?
Melbourne had the right people in the right roles straight up.

Vlad59

Juniors
Another secret?

You can't get that by just head hunting the right people?
Melbourne had the right people in the right roles straight up.
I agree with that but their junior participation systems and pathway system, which are booming now, should have been developed much earlier. Most of that was to do with ARL funding. I know this because I saw it. The success they are having now involves systems easily adapted to Perth. Perth will have a much easier road as a result.

Bukowski

Juniors
I agree with that but their junior participation systems and pathway system, which are booming now, should have been developed much earlier. Most of that was to do with ARL funding. I know this because I saw it. The success they are having now involves systems easily adapted to Perth. Perth will have a much easier road as a result.
As long as the locals go along for the ride. I wonder how many will give up their current clubs to follow the bears.
I follow the worse club in the comp. but won't make the change. Hopefully I'm in the minority.