What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
That was the first Central Coast Bears bid attempt back in 2005, backed by John Singleton $$$, everybody thought it was a done deal until Michael Searles 11th hour snatch by the Gold Coast Titans, it was a shock especially after the previously failed attempts of the Gold Coast Giants, the Gold Coast Seagulls and the Gold Coast Chargers, hasn’t that area been a success story for all sporting teams “sigh”
Gallop chickened out after telling central coast they were in

docbrown

Coach
A basic summary of the recent news about the Perth Bears

Perth league fans begging on the street: "Hey, mister, you got any spare change?"

NRL: "Yeah, here's a dollar."

Perth league fans: "Oooh, sorry, the sign says there's a five dollar minimum."

NRL: "What? Okay, whatever, here's a five buck note---"

Perth league fans: "Oooh, sorry, we only accept credit cards."

NRL: "Fine, here's my Mastercard--"

Perth league fans: "We only do Visa."

NRL: "Whatever. Do you want the money or not?"

Perth league fans: "Yes. But just so you know there's a $20 minimum charge for all credit cards."

NRL: "Just charge it so I can go."

Perth league fans: "Look I know this a lot to ask but can you sit here and fill in for me begging on this corner for me for a while. I just have to pop across the street and buy something for lunch."

NRL: "No, f*** off!"

Perth league fans: "OH MY GOD! YOU'RE BEING SO UNREASONABLE!"

reanimate

Bench
Who are you kidding, the Roosters don’t grow or develop anything, they have been on the Central Coast for over 13 years now and Kincumber junior Sandon Smith is the only player to have made NRL level coming through their pathways system, that is a absolute joke when you consider Nicho Hynes, the Saifiti Brothers Daniel and Jacob, Connor Watson, Scotty Drinkwater, Tom Starling, Jack Cogger, Phoenix Crossland Bradman Best and Ethan Strange are all Central Coast lads who have slipped through the Roosters fingers.
The Roosters will always try to buy a competition victory rather than develop towards one, it’s in their dna.
The Roosters know how to win, which attracts fans in itself. The fans a club has who never played the game in any serious way will always outnumber those who stuck with playing and went through a club’s development systems.

That’s not to say there’s no value in being involved in development, it can make kids fans for life of a club having NRL stars show up at their junior club, gala day, school etc. The Roosters might be shit in that sense, but they’ve got an audience as seen in their growing crowd averages. They’d definitely be able to be a lot more involved in the North Shore than a WA side would.

MugaB

Coach

Perth league fans begging on the street: "Hey, mister, you got any spare change?"

Perth league fans: "Yes. But just so you know there's a $20 minimum charge for all credit cards."

Perth league fans: "Look I know this a lot to ask but can you sit here and fill in for me begging on this corner for me for a while. I just have to pop across the street and buy something for lunch."

NRL : so you'll be called the bears, right?
PERF: Um, no. We wanna do our own thing...

PVL: Pleased to announe, the 19th licence is going to be the Adelaide Bears!

Bukowski

Juniors

Exactly how the NRL considers fans in Perth. Like beggers on the street. Want an apple, here ya go, just let me shit on it first.

docbrown

Coach
Exactly how the NRL considers fans in Perth. Like beggers on the street. Want an apple, here ya go, just let me shit on it first.
WA is literally begging a private organisation to grant them a franchise in the biggest sporting competition in the country, competing against multiple other locations who all want the same thing.

And the plan from the WA bid group is to set strict terms and refuse the NRL's directives?

Good luck with that!

Wb1234

Referee
WA is literally begging a private organisation to grant them a franchise in the biggest sporting competition in the country, competing against multiple other locations who all want the same thing.

And the plan from the WA is to set strict terms and refuse the NRL's directives?

Good luck with that!
The nrl had said they wanted to target nz2 then the Perth govt came in uninvited attempting to gazzump their spot

Bukowski

Juniors

And the plan from the WA bid group is to set strict terms and refuse the NRL's directives?

Good luck with that!
Begging. Exactly. Great way to treat the fans that will make our break the club.

docbrown

Coach
Begging. Exactly. Great way to treat the fans that will make our break the club.
You are begging. So are all the other locations too. If you feel like you are owed something, then your problem is you. And if you can't handle that reality to the point where it stops you from supporting the club or the game, then were you really that much of a fan in the first place?

Bukowski

Juniors
You are begging. So are all the other locations too. If you feel like you are owed something, then your problem is you. And if you can't handle that reality to the point where it stops you from supporting the club or the game, then were really that much of a fan in the first place?
Did the Titans or dolphins get lumbered with a dead club? Are PNG going to?

In a league fan, I follow the Tigers. I'm not a norths fan. Are you gonna support this club?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Okay let’s fast forward a few months, PNG have been confirmed as the 18th team, the NRL have virtually confirmed the Perth Bears as the 19th team, a club that will be based in WA, all the other little bits still need to be worked out.
What do the Perth Bears do next to entice the people of WA ?.
I’ll post mine a few threads down.

docbrown

Coach
Did the Titans or dolphins get lumbered with a dead club? Are PNG going to?

In a league fan, I follow the Tigers. I'm not a norths fan. Are you gonna support this club?
So you feel like WA should be allowed to set terms because previous NRL administrations made those choices?

Do you realise that all the power - I'm talking 100% of the power - is with the NRL in this scenario?

Bukowski

Juniors
Okay let’s fast forward a few months, PNG have been confirmed as the 18th team, the NRL have virtually confirmed the Perth Bears as the 19th team, a club that will be based in WA, all the other little bits still need to be worked out.
What do the Perth Bears do next to entice the people of WA ?.
I’ll post mine a few threads down.
Fully owned by Perth consortium and all games in Perth.
Sorry if I'm begging too much my masters.

Bukowski

Juniors
So you feel like WA should be allowed to set terms because previous NRL administrations made those choices?

Do you realise that all the power - I'm talking 100% of the power - is with the NRL in this scenario?
Of course it is. But they also realise the value in perth, otherwise they wouldn't be coming here. You want to work with the local investors. Surely they are more important than a reserve grade sydney club.

Latest posts