What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

This is the biggest load of bullshit ever spouted, well at least since your last post.

Go and get some more signatures down at bunnings.

The bears failed on the central coast. They failed in their merger. They're a failure and you are a failure for believing their tripe and spreading their bullshit.

Yes bullshit, these businesses don’t really exist it’s all magical. The revenue rains down in-between rainbows and song birds singing.

People gather around Aztec temples then pray and hum together about getting good crops and football teams.

Meanwhile you’re stuck in 2009 wondering when you'll finally receive Kevin Rudd’s stimulus package. Good get - new plasma tv for you.

blue bags

First Grade
I can’t help it if former legends of the game live close to me in a rugby league heartland that is continuously ignored.
I only personally know a few of them like Greg Florimo, Dave Fairleigh, Brett Kenny, Steve Ella, Mark O’Meley and Michael Buettner, as for the others I only know of them from their playing days.
Neville Glover lives central coast aswell

Perth Red

Post Whore
I guess the most moronic thing here is we aren’t debating Perth vs a different location Bears.

It’s literally Perth vs Perth - and why the two muppets who support a plastic bid with no genuine over all plan let alone any form of long term sustainability planning and we only hear hot air from a rich guy - who in actuality isn’t that rich that he could support the prospective franchise anyways over another bid that actually has a plan and actually has real resources that you can physically see - is beyond me.

This isn’t the movie Hook - you cannot just imagine food and it magically appear. You need real food for sustenance.

If these Rocky and Bullwinkle clowns are trolling because they’re bored then kudos to them, but if they are genuinely for real with their feelings in supporting a non existent entity then they are no short way to put it complete and utter morons without a business bone in their body and have 0 idea how businesses operate let alone how a rugby league club operates.

Im not too sure they are even genuine rugby league fans tbh.

Bears are here to grow the game and give W.A. the resources they have to establish the game over there better then the amateur hour it is now. It’s not a take over - it’s assimilation. They are not going to up and leave if it gets hard. This is for keeps.

This is the same club that decided to relocate once before and pour its own money into a stadium it never used only to be forced out. This isn’t a game - this is real business with real stakes at play. If rocky and Bullwinkle don’t want to hop on it’s their loss. Cummins doesn’t give a shit about them - but Bears do give a shit about its fans old and new. Why else try to re enter the comp if not because of commitment people who genuinely care.
Bears are there to serve their own needs, they have literally said they dont have any interest in perth other than a means to an end. People who actually live in Perth want to see the best outcome for the game in WA, not NS.

Now if that ends up being a Bears partnership so be it, but we have our reservations as we rightly should from what we have seen from and heard from NSFC and its fans.

As none of us are privvy to what the perth bid has or hasnt got in place, you are clearly creating a self serving falsehood in your head around 'plastic brands' and 'lack of resources' to suit your agenda, which is to get Bears back in NRL wherever it may be.

Out of the two of us one wants the best for WA rugby league, the other wants the best for the Bears. One of us is open to either a stand alone or a partnership (whichever is best for rugby league in WA), the other can only see Bears or nothing. Hmm I wonder which of us is the real rugby league fan and which is myopic club fan who just wants to see his club back?

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Try addressing the topic at hand, instead of calling everyone who doesn't think the Bears are the greatest thing in RL history trolls.

I think a unique local identity has much more long term value then another Sydney team. See Cowboys, Knights, Storm, Warriors and Broncos et al

A long dead Sydney team will not rsonate as much with the West Coast. How long will it take for the Bears to agitate for more Sydney games? At the first sign of any adversity I say.

Will the current Bears board hand over full control to a WA consortium?

Not sure any bid should be entirely WA. You need atleast a couple on board with RL experience

Bukowski

Juniors
Bears are there to serve their own needs, they have literally said they dont have any interest in perth other than a means to an end. People who actually live in Perth want to see the best outcome for the game in WA, not NS.

Now if that ends up being a Bears partnership so be it, but we have our reservations as we rightly should from what we have seen from and heard from NSFC and its fans.

As none of us are privvy to what the perth bid has or hasnt got in place, you are clearly creating a self serving falsehood in your head around 'plastic brands' and 'lack of resources' to suit your agenda, which is to get Bears back in NRL wherever it may be.

Out of the two of us one wants the best for WA rugby league, the other wants the best for the Bears. One of us is open to either a stand alone or a partnership (whichever is best for rugby league in WA), the other can only see Bears or nothing. Hmm I wonder which of us is the real rugby league fan and which is myopic club fan who just wants to see his club back?
Both the Perth consortium and the bears are only interested in their self interests. Neither gives a root about the other. How anyone thinks a partnership starting like this will work out beggers belief.
Surely we've learnt from past mergers. Norths, Balmain and the Steelers all fell by the wayside.

Iamback

Coach
Bears offer some valuable things to a Perth franchise but perhaps acting like Perth is some backwater, lucky to even be considered by the Bears organisation and Perthians are ungrateful peasants who should feel lucky for any rugby league scraps they get is not the best way to go about things... Perth still has the upper hand in this, not the Bears. We know Perth may still be considered as a stand alone new franchise, the Bears will not be considered without Perth, or maybe Christchurch location attached to them.

You live on the East Coast.

Do you see viewers flocking in to watch

Pirates v Canberra
Orcas v GC

or hell any new team. That is why the push for the Bears if I gets a team in those areas over say Brisbane 3 then it is a win for the game

Iamback

Coach
WA will recruit experienced people.

Again who will norths bring? Their biggest idea seems to be ripping off Newtown's beer festival.

You think their chairman would be one but it won't be the whole Board as they too need experienced people.

It isn't an either or here.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

Please show me this direct quote.

Centy Coast

Juniors

Absolute rubbish spews from your mouth, I have said on here numerous times if Perth get in without the Bears then fine but imo I truly believe the Bears are their best option, that will spew bias to a few on here but there are no other established pathways available in the NSW Cup and there are only a few strong clubs in the QLD Cup.
Bears CEO was just interviewed yesterday talking about establishing junior pathways in Perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
“The plan is now being refined before it is put to the existing NRL clubs who must agree to any expansion proposal.”

Remind me again who was the dope who said clubs don’t vote on who gets in
sigh.
did clubs vote on if the Brisbane2 license went to dolphins, firehawks or Jets? No they didnt. And if there is more than one bid from perth the other clubs wont vote on that either.

Iamback

Coach
Absolute rubbish spews from your mouth, I have said on here numerous times if Perth get in without the Bears then fine but imo I truly believe the Bears are their best option, that will spew bias to a few on here but there are no other established pathways available in the NSW Cup and there are only a few strong clubs in the QLD Cup.

QCup sides will feel they can get in on their own . NSW will never get another team big difference

Wb1234

Referee
Bears CEO was just interviewed yesterday talking about establishing junior pathways in Perth.
That last sentence should’ve been bolded

Latest posts