What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
Needs to be independent of any existing local club.
In this hypothetical, the NRL club would be independent of South Perth, merely co-tenents, just like The West Coast Eagles and Perth Demons at Lathlain Oval. The NRL Club would deal with the South Perth Council, Private partners, and WA Govt.

Where will you go though? You don’t actually have a leagues club - you don’t actually have anything physical? Will you be going to wait outside Cumins house and continue stalking him? Jesus man, pick yourself up!
WA does not have a culture of Leagues Clubs. Sure a Perth based NRL team may look into a dedicated fans hospitality venue but they may not need to. WA is very used to Membership structured clubs and that's worked well for us, with our clubs in other codes being amongst the wealthiest in their leagues, or in the case of the Eagles, in the entire country.

Centy Coast

Juniors
In this hypothetical, the NRL club would be independent of South Perth, merely co-tenents, just like The West Coast Eagles and Perth Demons at Lathlain Oval. The NRL Club would deal with the South Perth Council, Private partners, and WA Govt.

WA does not have a culture of Leagues Clubs. Sure a Perth based NRL team may look into a dedicated fans hospitality venue but they may not need to. WA is very used to Membership structured clubs and that's worked well for us, with our clubs in other codes being amongst the wealthiest in their leagues, or in the case of the Eagles, in the entire country.
Now this is more like it, a knowledgeable post.

Bukowski

Juniors
That will too late.

Seems NRL are bringing in Perth and PNG

Perth's bid seemed lacking so they bring the Bears in.

PNG seems to be moving towards a gated community to take away safety fears.

Instead of embracing the fact the game is working with WA to get a team. People want to poke holes in it
But no holes being poked in the Perth stand alone bid? Without even knowing its details?

Agree. I was talking to Peter Sterling, Brad Clyde and Darren Lockyer on Nick Politis' yacht the other day and we were saying the same thing.
Did Lockyer tell you how you can get your pubes transplanted to your head?

Are you still here ?, don’t the other Raiders fan like interacting with you on the Raiders forum ?.
His hair hated him so much they swam down the showerpipe to live with piss and shit.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
But no holes being poked in the Perth stand alone bid? Without even knowing its details?

Didn't both WA Govt and Bears confirm PVL approached them?

Why would that happen IF the Perth Stand alone bid was great?

Throw in that the WA govt has no bias towards the Bears and yet apparently are in the final stages of partnering up.

That is what I am using to base my judgement one. Happy to have my mind changed IF we see something significant otherwise

Bukowski

Juniors

Throw in that the WA govt has no bias towards the Bears and yet apparently are in the final stages of partnering up.

That is what I am using to base my judgement one. Happy to have my mind changed IF we see something significant otherwise
Time will tell.

flippikat

Bench
Bears offer some valuable things to a Perth franchise but perhaps acting like Perth is some backwater, lucky to even be considered by the Bears organisation and Perthians are ungrateful peasants who should feel lucky for any rugby league scraps they get is not the best way to go about things... Perth still has the upper hand in this, not the Bears. We know Perth may still be considered as a stand alone new franchise, the Bears will not be considered without Perth, or maybe Christchurch location attached to them.
People's opinion is dependent on whether they think Perth needs the Bears more than the Bears needs Perth - or vice versa.

Those of us who believe Perth is inevitable (Bears link-up or not) and doesn’t NEED to link up with them, also believe that Perth can hold out against the Bears more unreasonable "bottom lines"

I'm inclined to agree with that thinking.

Iamback

Coach
Time will tell.

RL in the past would just bring in Bris 3 and be done with it. So I see this as a positive whichever way it falls.

Even if it is Bears in 10 years people will forget it was a Sydney club.

PNG will be holding its own not long after

Wb1234

Referee

No

nrl was talking about adding. Second nz side

the wa govt then spoke to pvl about what it would take to get nz spot

they were told talk to the bears

Iamback

Coach
People's opinion is dependent on whether they think Perth needs the Bears more than the Bears needs Perth - or vice versa.

Those of us who believe Perth is inevitable (Bears link-up or not) and doesn’t NEED to link up with them, also believe that Perth can hold out against the Bears more unreasonable "bottom lines"

I'm inclined to agree with that thinking.

There hasn't been much mention of the bottom lines recently. That is a good thing

TV is the push I see for a recognised brand, We don't see the breakdown but Fox would have the data from Perth.

Most games, I think get watched on delay over there which don't show up on the ratings

Latest posts