What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Bukowski

Juniors
RL in the past would just bring in Bris 3 and be done with it. So I see this as a positive whichever way it falls.

Even if it is Bears in 10 years people will forget it was a Sydney club.

PNG will be holding its own not long after
Don't you think they should have their own team if they have the financial backing

Bukowski

Juniors
There hasn't been much mention of the bottom lines recently. That is a good thing

TV is the push I see for a recognised brand, We don't see the breakdown but Fox would have the data from Perth.

Most games, I think get watched on delay over there which don't show up on the ratings
Why arnt they pushing for the PNG bears? I doubt tv care about the bears brand.

Centy Coast

Juniors
People's opinion is dependent on whether they think Perth needs the Bears more than the Bears needs Perth - or vice versa.

Those of us who believe Perth is inevitable (Bears link-up or not) and doesn’t NEED to link up with them, also believe that Perth can hold out against the Bears more unreasonable "bottom lines"

I'm inclined to agree with that thinking.
What unreasonable bottom lines are we talking about ?, there are only three non negotiables

1).The Bear logo
2).The colours red & black
3).One game at North Sydney Oval (though it is reported sometimes more than one).

Luckily the guys on here representing Perth are a minority, because if they weren’t I’d be walking straight into NS Leagues Club and saying f#ck the Perth idea right off.

Guy Grandpa GIF

Yep, staring into the $7 schooners again.

Steel Saints

Juniors
What unreasonable bottom lines are we talking about ?, there are only three non negotiables

1).The Bear logo
2).The colours red & black
3).One game at North Sydney Oval (though it is reported sometimes more than one).

Would you be happy with just the Bears logo and the colours of red and black?

Perth Red

Post Whore
You Bears people need to calm down lol.
If it works out great, you get a Perth Bears club to jump on which will be funny as f**k in its own way), we get a Perth club to follow and everyone is happy.
If it doesnt Perth still gets a team, Perth RL fans still get a club to follow (with better branding hopefully) and you can go back to talking about the next opportunity to get back in and the next and the next........

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any sort of ownership
Hes already said the ownership should sit with the Bears and why would they hand over their brand/IP to another organiasation.
And there my friend is the major sticking point. Perth wont accept a NS club, NS club wont hand over ownership of its brand to Perth, this is why it seems doomed to not happen and why we have our fingers crossed the Perth bid can tick the boxes for the NRL.

Latest posts