What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
What unreasonable bottom lines are we talking about ?, there are only three non negotiables

1).The Bear logo
2).The colours red & black
3).One game at North Sydney Oval (though it is reported sometimes more than one).
one pre season game at NSO maybe. It isnt fit to play NRL at.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Hes already said the ownership should sit with the Bears and why would they hand over their brand/IP to another organiasation.
And there my friend is the major sticking point. Perth wont accept a NS club, NS club wont hand over ownership of its brand to Perth, this is why it seems doomed to not happen and why we have our fingers crossed the Perth bid can tick the boxes for the NRL.
I’ve answered this last month and you keep going back to something that was initially referenced two years ago with the original non negotiables.

Why are you laughing for Bukowski ?, I just don’t understand you guys.
You don’t even know me or the roles I’ve held up here on the Central Coast in rugby league, the success I’ve had on and off the field, the people I’ve met and know.
You guys are just blatant antagonists hiding behind a keyboard, utter cowards.
We`re laughing because you are funny and so easy to picture.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’ve answered this last month and you keep going back to something that was initially referenced two years ago with the original non negotiables.
I have not heard Dickson say they are happy not to own the club and that they are prepared to hand over the brand to a new organisation. Until I actually hear him say it you'll have to forgive my skepticism!

Centy Coast

Juniors
one pre season game at NSO maybe. It isnt fit to play NRL at.
The NRL said that NSO wasn’t fit to play rugby league on way back in 1998, the Bears then moved to Bluetongue Stadium, when the Bears were no longer in the NRL, the NRL allowed South Sydney to play a few games at NSO in the early 2000’s and they even played a womens SOO game there.
Go figure.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
What unreasonable bottom lines are we talking about ?, there are only three non negotiables

1).The Bear logo
3).One game at North Sydney Oval (though it is reported sometimes more than one).

Could the one game be held at Central Coast Stadium?

A more modern venue that was built for the Bears franchise? Or is there plans to rip out the benching and replace it with seats? Add some extra toilets and maybe do up the change rooms at North Sydney Oval?

Maximus

Coach

1).The Bear logo

All of them. Thinking you should have any non-negotiables is the unreasonable bit.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
You Bears people need to calm down lol.
If it works out great, you get a Perth Bears club to jump on which will be funny as f**k in its own way), we get a Perth club to follow and everyone is happy.
If it doesnt Perth still gets a team, Perth RL fans still get a club to follow (with better branding hopefully) and you can go back to talking about the next opportunity to get back in and the next and the next........

The arrogance is hilarious.

Bukowski

Juniors
Could the one game be held at Central Coast Stadium?

A more modern venue that was built for the Bears franchise? Or is there plans to rip out the benching and replace it with seats? Add some extra toilets and maybe do up the change rooms at North Sydney Oval?
Perth team, owned by North Sydney playing games in Gosford. I dunno about that

Perth Red

Post Whore
In the 6PR radio interview with Dickson just last week:

"the ownership process will work out as time comes through"

those are his exact words, no mention of being happy to hand over the brand to new owners.

Also said "couple" of games at NSO would be their expectation.

Latest posts