What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I personally don't have a connection to either and hope they all get in, (which they both already has been touted by 2027 and 2028, by most media reports) I'm only backing it on these forums, coz I know how unhinged most of all ya'll get by anyone pumping up pngs tyres... so salts definitely in your corner...
View attachment 90483
They probably are the only bid that has done most of the development work already, so as much as the government is footing the bill, they're way ahead in terms of having this bid process done by july, I also don't think it's a race to some imagery finish line, the best bids will win these 3 licenses
Um, salt is different to bitterness

Centy Coast

Juniors
Being a feeder for the Storm has really worked out for them :)
We were Minor Premiers last season, with a roster that is very different.
On the weekend the Bears only had three Storm contracted players play for them: Dean Ieremia, Reimis Smith and Tepai Moeroa.
The Storm have lost both Xavier Coates and Jack Howarth last weekend so I can’t see either Ieremia or Smith playing for the Bears this weekend unless Ryan Papenhuyzen returns for them.

Canard

Immortal
Only boomers who use Facebook post gifs.

Canard the genius
funny face lips GIF by Worcester Warriors

Theres a sht load of mental gymnastics going on by the usual suspects who've been dissing the chances of perth getting a team for years and are now faced with the reality it looks a lot more likely lol. We've gone from "Tv and NRL hate Perth so you're not getting a team' to "Cumins isnt in the loop and perth will have to do what vlandys wants'. I honestly dont understand your motivations lol

Maybe people need to sit back and see what transpires and rejoice in the fact the game might be about to take a giant step forward with three new clubs?

If Perth gets in great, if its strong enough to stand alone, great, if its Perth jets or bears with the right set up, great. Lets be happy another piece of the SL debacle is getting fixed after 30 years.
I shifted from talking up Perth's strong points to pointing out its weaknesses when you started disrespecting rugby league in Brisbane.

It's become important to point out Perth's weaknesses because several posters on here are delusional.

Perth 2.0 won't go bust like the Western Reds.

However, it won't be a carbon copy of the Storm that is instantly more popular than every other expansion club that's come before it. Too many people on here think it will generate massive crowds and TV ratings without having any evidence to back it up. They selectively quote attendances for a double header from last year and Origin to artificially inflate the game's market value in Perth, while ignoring the games at PRS that didn't draw big crowds. When I point out their flawed and biased tactics I get called dumb and a fumbleball troll for not believing Perth will be different to every expansion club that's come before it in NRL, ARL, NSWRL, AwFuL, VFL and Super Rugby. There's nothing special about Perth, yet there are wankers on here who think the trials and tribulations that hurt the Brisbane Bears, Gold Coast Suns, Sydney Swans, GWS Giants, Western Reds, SQ Crushers, Redcliffe Dolphins, GC Titans, Auckland Warriors, Brisbane Broncos, Canberra Raiders, NQ Cowboys, Illawarra Steelers, Newcastle Knights, Melbourne Rebels and Western Force -- plus the AwFuL clubs from Adelaide and Perth -- won't apply to Perth 2.0.

The last thing a parochial state like Western Australia needs is the Bears or Jets sabotaging their bid. For me, it's Cumins or nothing. Perth doesn't need selfish old parasites from the NSW Cup trying to worm their way back into the top flight.

Pippen94

First Grade
I shifted from talking up Perth's strong points to pointing out its weaknesses when you started disrespecting rugby league in Brisbane.

It's become important to point out Perth's weaknesses because several posters on here are delusional.

Perth 2.0 won't go bust like the Western Reds.

However, it won't be a carbon copy of the Storm that is instantly more popular than every other expansion club that's come before it. Too many people on here think it will generate massive crowds and TV ratings without having any evidence to back it up. They selectively quote attendances for a double header from last year and Origin to artificially inflate the game's market value in Perth, while ignoring the games at PRS that didn't draw big crowds. When I point out their flawed and biased tactics I get called dumb and a fumbleball troll for not believing Perth will be different to every expansion club that's come before it in NRL, ARL, NSWRL, AwFuL, VFL and Super Rugby. There's nothing special about Perth, yet there are wankers on here who think the trials and tribulations that hurt the Brisbane Bears, Gold Coast Suns, Sydney Swans, GWS Giants, Western Reds, SQ Crushers, Redcliffe Dolphins, GC Titans, Auckland Warriors, Brisbane Broncos, Illawarra Steelers, Newcastle Knights, Melbourne Rebels and Western Force -- plus the AwFuL clubs from Adelaide and Perth -- won't apply to Perth 2.0.

The last thing a parochial state like Western Australia needs is the Bears or Jets sabotaging their bid. For me, it's Cumins or nothing. Perth doesn't need selfish old parasites from the NSW Cup trying to worm their way back into the top flight.

I hope a better bid emerges from out west. For Brisbane expansion we got 4 initial bids, with dolphins & tigers being cashed up. The 3 final bids were all existing clubs ready to hit ground running.

Latest posts