What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

I hope a better bid emerges from out west. For Brisbane expansion we got 4 initial bids, with dolphins & tigers being cashed up. The 3 final bids were all existing clubs ready to hit ground running.
I don't think most people realise just how many challenges await a Perth-based team. If they thought life was hard for the Dolphins then they'll be shocked at what awaits Perth 2.0.

Perth Red hasn't done himself any favours by mocking the Dolphins and Broncos on attendances and membership. He's set himself up to be ridiculed when Perth 2.0 fails to match the Dolphins, Broncos and Brisbane Lions on any metric. I have no doubt he'll try to shift the goalposts by bringing up "context", but that's bullshit becausd he likes to compare Broncos with West Coast Eagles, despite knowing full well that RL doesn't match AwFuL for attendances and membership. He'll deserve it too for always putting down heartland clubs while turning a blind eye to the shortcomings of Storm and Western Reds.

Vlad59

Bench
I don't think most people realise just how many challenges a Perth-based team will have to overcome. If they thought life was hard for the Dolphins then they'll be shocked at what awaits Perth 2.0.

Perth Red hasn't done himself any favours by mocking the Dolphins and Broncos. He's set himself up to be ridiculed when Perth 2.0 fails to match the Dolphins, Broncos and Brisbane Lions on any metric. He'll deserve it too for always putting down heartland clubs while turning a blind eye to the shortcomings of Storm and Western Reds.
You and Pippen have posted literally thousands of posts running down the Perth bid and you haven’t even seen it yet. It’s clearly a personality disorder. It’s unhealthy irrational and so thoroughly you!

The Perth bid is basically a weak version of the Brisbane Bombers. It's fronted by Peter Cumins and four unnamed businessmen. Unlike the Bombers, it doesn't have a large RL community to tap into for support in the Perth market.

Brisbane Bombers couldn't compete with the Dolphins, Tigers and Jets. That's despite being run by businesmen from the affluent and influential Broncos Thoroughbreds.

Cumins was involved with the financially destitute Reds that failed to win over the Perth public.

Vlad59

Bench
The Perth bid is basically a weak version of the Brisbane Bombers. It's fronted by Peter Cumins and four unnamed businessmen. Unlike the Bombers, it doesn't have a large RL community to tap into for support in thr Perth market.

Brisbane Bombers couldn't compete with the Dolphins, Tigers and Jets. That's despite being run by the people from the affluent and influential Broncos Thoroughbreds.

Cumins was involved with the financially destitute Reds that failed to win over the Perth public.
On and on it goes. Disappears for ten minutes. Returns. Writes a new version of the same post he has posted here well over a thousand times. Scratches his ass. Has a wiff. Heads off for tea to ruminate on how to rewrite it yet again. What a life donkey.

Pippen94

First Grade
The Perth bid is basically a weak version of the Brisbane Bombers. It's fronted by Peter Cumins and four unnamed businessmen. Unlike the Bombers, it doesn't have a large RL community to tap into for support in the Perth market.

Brisbane Bombers couldn't compete with the Dolphins, Tigers and Jets. That's despite being run by businesmen from the affluent and influential Broncos Thoroughbreds.

Bid has no money. Conservative estimate is that it'll cost $30 million (from Cumins own words) to set up team there. Now is time for those unnamed businessmen to cough up if they exist. That's why NRL wants base like bears to provide stability.

11 other bids out there, game should (& will) demand better..

final say

Juniors
Bid has no money. Conservative estimate is that it'll cost $30 million (from Cumins own words) to set up team there. Now is time for those unnamed businessmen to cough up if they exist. That's why NRL wants base like bears to provide stability.

The Bears are an actual organisation. ... so that's a good start!

Iamback

Coach
I personally don't have a connection to either and hope they all get in, (which they both already has been touted by 2027 and 2028, by most media reports) I'm only backing it on these forums, coz I know how unhinged most of all ya'll get by anyone pumping up pngs tyres... so salts definitely in your corner...
View attachment 90483
They probably are the only bid that has done most of the development work already, so as much as the government is footing the bill, they're way ahead in terms of having this bid process done by july, I also don't think it's a race to some imagery finish line, the best bids will win these 3 licenses

Yep they have started a development program.

Confirmed by the job ads @mikail-eagle posted. 4-6 development officers in the the regions to improve pathways.

They would be pushed back due to issues but the hard part is started.

The Cumins bid is reliant on the WA Gov providing land and money to build a high performance training centre. PRS needs a significant overhaul, too. Without support from the WA Gov there's no chance of a Perth-based team working.

It sums up the folly of people calling for Adelaide to get one of the next three licences. The SA Gov has no intention of funding an NRL club.

Iamback

Coach
Theres a sht load of mental gymnastics going on by the usual suspects who've been dissing the chances of perth getting a team for years and are now faced with the reality it looks a lot more likely lol. We've gone from "Tv and NRL hate Perth so you're not getting a team' to "Cumins isnt in the loop and perth will have to do what vlandys wants'. I honestly dont understand your motivations lol

Maybe people need to sit back and see what transpires and rejoice in the fact the game might be about to take a giant step forward with three new clubs?

If Perth gets in great, if its strong enough to stand alone, great, if its Perth jets or bears with the right set up, great. Lets be happy another piece of the SL debacle is getting fixed after 30 years.

The easy way is just bringing in Brisbane Easts.

I like the vision, How to get all 3 to not be basketcases is the challenge.

I don't see any brand new franchise being out of the bottom 4 for 5-10 years. Sadly

Vlad59

Bench
The Cumins bid is reliant on the WA Gov providing land and money to build a high performance training centre. PRS needs a significant overhaul, too. Without support from the WA Gov there's no chance of a Perth-based team working.

It sums up the folly of people calling for Adelaide to get one of the next three licences. The SA Gov has no intention of funding an NRL club.
Your fingers must stink by now