What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
A home regular season game in Sydney should be on the condition that Perth Bears never have to be host for Magic or Vegas.

Also I know the history is all NSO but it’s 10k capacity, wouldn’t Allianz be worth a try if the demand is going to be high? 7km between NSO & Allianz is f**k all. Should a new club be sacrificing 15-25k paying customers for the nostalgia trip?
The Dolphins are new and draw 10,000 at Kayo Stadium when they play at home, the NRL doesn’t care about crowd numbers it is about TV viewers.

Wb1234

Referee
A home regular season game in Sydney should be on the condition that Perth Bears never have to be host for Magic or Vegas.

Also I know the history is all NSO but it’s 10k capacity, wouldn’t Allianz be worth a try if the demand is going to be high? 7km between NSO & Allianz is f**k all. Should a new club be sacrificing 15-25k paying customers for the nostalgia trip?
Not a bad idea

but nso getting one game is throwing the north shore a bone

Bukowski

Juniors

Only if it's true about the size of their fanbase and popularity. I think 10k capacity covers it.

Centy Coast

Juniors
All I know is that many Bears fans are talking about the NSO game, many are already worried about acquiring tickets, as a member they should be fine.
There were over 10,000 fans at last years NSW Cup Grand Final between North Sydney v South Sydney at CommBank Stadium, and Bears fans easily outnumbered the Rabbitohs fans.
The women’s NSW v QLD drew 10,515 in 2019 so I’m tipping NSO will sell out for the one off match for Perth Bears v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

Wb1234

Referee
All I know is that many Bears fans are talking about the NSO game, many are already worried about acquiring tickets, as a member they should be fine.
There were over 10,000 fans at last years NSW Cup Grand Final between North Sydney v South Sydney, and Bears fans easily outnumbered the Rabbitohs fans.
The women’s NSW v QLD drew 10,515 in 2019 so I’m tipping NSO will sell out for the one off match for Perth Bears v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
Union got 15k for a grand final there not that long ago

surely capacity goes back to 20k for nrl

The Bears currently lead the NSW Cup competition, they were Minor Premiers and Runners Up in 2023, the Bears probably have three to four contracted Storm players play with them each weekend if they are lucky, the Bears contracted players all have jobs.
How many current players in the NRL were born and raised within the North Sydney Bears district?

Wb1234

Referee

Peter fitzstupid put the crowd at north of 20k

Iamback

Coach
Ask Gus Gould. He thinks it should be stand alone. Show me a club that has said they would only support Perth if they partnered with the bears?
Any new club will be drawing from the same pool as all the other clubs with our without the bears.
The clubs don't care either way. But I concede that it's happening, so I wish them well.

The same Gus who said this last year?

Attachments

• IMG_2873.png
    IMG_2873.png
    461.6 KB · Views: 12

Iamback

Coach
Im not disputing pathways is seen as an issue. I was just refuting your suggestion that the clubs want the bears and won't vote for a stand alone club. 2 have said they think stand alone is a better option.

Don't muddy what we were talking about.

There is no mudding.

12 bids have applied for the NRL. 2 of those would likely be Perth Bears and Perth Standalone

I posted the Criteria earlier. What have Perth Standalone announced that will fit that criteria?

No club is getting in if they don't tick those boxes. Simple as that

Clubs that said a preference before had no details. Now they do and can vote accordingly

Bukowski

Juniors
There is no mudding.

12 bids have applied for the NRL. 2 of those would likely be Perth Bears and Perth Standalone

I posted the Criteria earlier. What have Perth Standalone announced that will fit that criteria?

No club is getting in if they don't tick those boxes. Simple as that

Clubs that said a preference before had no details. Now they do and can vote accordingly
My contention was with you saying that the clubs want the Perth Bears and not Perth stand alone . You've provided nothing to back that claim up. Keep googling though

I think people are overstating the importance of the Bears. I'd wager that the WA Gov holds the cards.

Who will cover the cost of building the high performance training centre and upgrading PRS?

Bears don't have that sort of money lying around.

A Perth-based NRL team's success is dependent on strong support from the WA Gov.

jim_57

Staff member
The Dolphins are new and draw 10,000 at Kayo Stadium when they play at home, the NRL doesn’t care about crowd numbers it is about TV viewers.

That’s a mistake too and the NRL probably should care about it being their newest expansion club. Makes it hard for Dolphins to build and solidly their fan base when they are locking people out of games in a tiny ground that is hard to get to for the majority of Brisbane, even a lot of Northern Brisbane. Short term thinking.

Should be 1 game max, preferably on Thursday night during Origin. I’m sure the Leagues club still gets good business on days the Dolphins play at Suncorp.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I think people are overstating the importance of the Bears. I'd wager that the WA Gov holds the cards.

Who will cover the cost of building the high performance training centre and upgrading PRS?

Bears don't have that sort of money lying around.

A Perth-based NRL team's success is dependent on strong support from the WA Gov.
Where do you think the $30 million is coming from ?.

Latest posts