What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

flippikat

Bench
If Cumins cannot stump up $30m then how will the Christchurch Facebook group find it?
Fair point, and if Perth are team 18, PNG (with all the Government subsidies ) team 19, and team 20 is held to the same conditions as Perth then it maybe swings the odds a little towards Brisbane 3 as they could get their hands on $30mil more easily than NZ 2.

Unless the NRL overrides club expectations of a big cash injection on the grounds that they deem NZ 2 the bigger priority for whatever strategic reason.

Centy Coast

Juniors
So the question can't be answered. So I'll answer it myself.

An ill conceived iidea designed to placate the few bears fans that doesn't benefit Perth at all.

Sounds like a recipe for success.
I’ll give you an clue, players will sign with the Perth Bears for the same reason they will sign with the Canberra Raiders, the only difference being Perth is an awesome place to live.
I’ll let you dwell on that for a little while.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I’ll give you an clue, players will sign with the Perth Bears for the same reason they will sign with the Canberra Raiders, the only difference being Perth is an awesome place to live.
I’ll let you dwell on that for a little while.
So where does the North Sydney Central Coast angle come in?

Fair point, and if Perth are team 18, PNG (with all the Government subsidies ) team 19, and team 20 is held to the same conditions as Perth then it maybe swings the odds a little towards Brisbane 3 as they could get their hands on $30mil more easily than NZ 2.

Unless the NRL overrides club expectations of a big cash injection on the grounds that they deem NZ 2 the bigger priority for whatever strategic reason.
A left field option is for the Brisbane Tigers to team up with the South Island Kea. It's far from the best option, but if it's the only way to get a team in Christchurch then it's better than nothing. The team could play 8 games in Christchurch and 4 at Lang Park. I'd imagine there are plenty of expatriate New Zealanders in Logan willing to support the team.

blue bags

First Grade
Hull FC V's Hull Kingston Rovers
Rivalry
Just like North Sydney Grizzlies Bear's 🐻
Vs manly Warringah Sea Eagles

Perth Grizzlies Bear's 🐻
Vs Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
At North Sydney oval
Brooks Vale Oval
Gosford Central Coast Stadium
Perth HBF stadium
Perth Optus stadium
So exciting. Bring it On
😁

If you get on any of the NRL WA Facebook pages most rugby league fans just want a NRL rugby league team, they don’t care who it is, as long as it is in WA.
Sure some are against but there is also a lot of people supporting it, I guess we will see.
Unfortunately we will never know the answer.

You cannot deny that it's tasteless how the Bears, the Sydney media and V'landys are trying to take the spotlight away from Perth?

Little things like this make me wonder whether I want to support this game.

Wb1234

Referee
Unfortunately we will never know the answer.

You cannot deny that it's tasteless how the Bears, the Sydney media and V'landys are trying to take the spotlight away from Perth?

Little things like this make me wonder whether I want to support this game.
Like emperor Constantine at the battle of the Melvin bridge that’s some conversion

from a Perth standalone team not being able to survive in an afl dominated market

Latest posts