What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
Lol, you really are dense which is a surprise. They played 1 year in NSW Cup for souths feeder club at the time. To claim they went through the Bears pathways is a f**king long bow.

You've lost even more credibility with this effort.

The Burgess twins came from the bears pathway 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ridiculous stuff from the stalker.
C’mon say Souths feeder club at the time, c’mon say ‘North Sydney Bears’, and the boys played about a year and a half for the Bears if you really want to know.
I can try and find the official match sheets if you’d like as I am good mates with the NSO ground announcer from that time.
How were those Central Coast juniors for the Blues tonight, Bradman Best game changing try and Connor Watson the game completely turned when he came on.
Mate call me a stalker lol, I only coached with and against these lads.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
C’mon say Souths feeder club at the time, c’mon North Sydney Bears.
How were those Central Coast juniors for the Blues tonight, Bradman Best game changing try and Connor Watson the game completely turned when he came on.
Mate call me a stalker lol, I only coached with and against these lads, while your just a keyboard warrior who has contributed sfa to the game of rugby league ya sped.
Watson did make a difference when he came on

Quidgybo

Bench
Even if dumbarse Albo locks it in, how do you know it won't be torn up by Peter Dutton when he's elected as Australia's next PM?
We don’t. And as long as the NRL works on that basis, it won’t be a problem. For the sake of argument, let’s say the ARLC signs a deal with the government for 10 years taking the game to nine games a week. As long as the league only promises TV networks eight games a week, if PNG drop out early then they‘ve still got a secure multi-year contract. In the meantime they can sell the extra game year to year.

Bukowski

Juniors
Lol, you really are dense which is a surprise. They played 1 year in NSW Cup for souths feeder club at the time. To claim they went through the Bears pathways is a f**king long bow.

You've lost even more credibility with this effort.

The Burgess twins came from the bears pathway 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ridiculous stuff from the stalker.
Harry Grant come through the wests tigers system too.

MugaB

Coach
Its counter-intuitive, but this is actually very good for the English game. A stronger national team is the way to really reach new fans / viewers over there.

The best way to improve the national team? A core group of 15-20 top Englishmen in the NRL backed by a professional SL.
No one cares about the English game, it's as relevant as the digicel cup or qrl or nswrl comps

MugaB

Coach
So would I - HOWEVER if Brisbane 3/SE Western Corridor is part of the "push to 20",
then that means the NRL doesn't have a safe choice in that next phase beyond 20

- PNG, Fiji are very very risky - from security, infrastructure & economic angles.
- Adelaide is right into the heart of AFL-land, a gamble there.
- Further NZ teams would be in a RU-dominant country with smaller cities & a big risk of cannibalising Warriors support if it's somewhere in the North Island
- Brisbane would be "full" - more NRL teams there after the Broncos, Dolphins & Western Corridor risk oversaturation
- A 2nd team in Melbourne or Perth risks cannibalising support for their existing club
- Regional locations (eg Central Queensland) might still be too small

The one option in THAT scenario that could be worthwhile to hold "in the back pocket" as an expansion cash-cow may be Central Coast, depending on how that grows in the next decade or so?
There'll be no more teams in NSW, that's a guarantee, any and all expansion teams will be outside of that state... get used that... central coast need to adopt an existing team from Sydney if they want a presence... my favourite idea has always been sea eagles for atleast 4 home games to strengthen their growth in the north geographically, a bit like dolphins with sunshine coast but with steriods