What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
None that we know of ?, only locals attend their games, there have been stabbings over some of the results though, have never heard of they were fatal or not.
Bs

you said you sons or their mates travelled there and it was fine

the locals even knew who they were

Centy Coast

Juniors
Bs

you said you sons or their mates travelled there and it was fine

the locals even knew who they were
Not bullshit, my sons mates have been over there with QLD Cup sides Redcliffe, Wynnum-Manly, Tweed Seagulls, Northern Pride and the Clydesdales and they all have different stories to tell, mainly about the extreme security and it’s virtually a fifo experience.
As for the stabbing story that was from a guy at my work who had worked in Port Moresby for about six months.

Wb1234

Referee
Not bullshit, my sons mates have been over there with QLD Cup sides Redcliffe, Wynnum-Manly, Tweed Seagulls, Northern Pride and the Clydesdales and they all have different stories to tell, mainly about the extreme security and it’s virtually a fifo experience.
As for the stabbing story that was from a guy at my work who had worked in Port Moresby for about six months.
How many places can they play in Australia where they are recognized ?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well done Central North Sydney Coast Shore for beating a reserve grade team.

The big boys played and won last night.

When do the swans play mate?

Iamback

Coach
OK. I'm not saying it won't work and good luck to them. It will be a terrific boost for them. I'm just highlighting that a lot goes on that's never reported. There is so much more that I could tell you which is more relevant but I won't say on here. Msg me if you want.

Could you imagine the shit NRL would cop if a player was injured or died up there?

While I don't doubt it is dangerous but I trust the NRL to do their homework.

DCE is the on the RLPA and played up there last year, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't asked about his experience up there.

The bid team also has an Australian CEO, So there is some 1st hand reports for Beattie to reach out to.

A quick Google search brought up a post from 2014.

5/26/2014

Picture

By Chris Thompson (QLD Forum)

Over the years many PNG Referees, Linesman and Supporters have been at the centre of crowd violence, intimidation, physical confrontation in DIGICEL Cup games . This same crowd violence has marred the game in PNG for many years now and is it improving come 2014.
Rugby League is a family orientated game for the working class but sometimes we have a minority in crowds that can't seem to respect the Refs call and in return start to retaliate with violence and intimidation in the crowd. The innocent victims and some with young children this can be quiet terrifying for them .
Sometimes we need to realise it's only game there will always be a winner and a loser . We need to respect the decision made by the duticator good or bad and get on with it . I for one think every spectator and families have the right to go watch a DIGICEL Cup game without the fear of violence .
We have DIGICEL back for another year to sponsor The Inner City Comp along with SP Lager too . How the hell do we ever expect to ever get new corporate sponsors for DIGICEL Cup with this ongoing problem with crowd violence in our game .

I ask this question to Fellow QPNG Members How do we solve this problem violence in our game ?

Nutz

Bench
Could you imagine the shit NRL would cop if a player was injured or died up there?

While I don't doubt it is dangerous but I trust the NRL to do their homework.

DCE is the on the RLPA and played up there last year, I'd be very surprised if he wasn't asked about his experience up there.

The bid team also has an Australian CEO, So there is some 1st hand reports for Beattie to reach out to.
A big concern for me is the journalists, particularly those on NRL360, who scrutinise every fart from clubs and players and noone is safe from their claws.
They will go looking for any trouble on and off the field and if there's two dogs fighting outside the arena and causes even a small push and shove they will be all over it and question PNG's involvement.
If there's strife in Australia we have the infrastructure to deal with it. Have PNG?
I seriously hope they have. I'm sure Abdo and co have had their feelers out for years now and have been asking the big questions...the 'what ifs'
I guess I've been burnt up there too often, not literally ha ha, and I just don't know how it's going to unfold and how the journalists, the NRL, the forums/social media and supporters are going to handle teething problems.

How will players with families cope with living in a boring security compound?

It'll only be a matter of time until the wives and children return to Australia, with or without their husbands.

If the wives and children remain in Australia then families will be split up. Long distance relationships don't work very well.

I think it's disgusting that people are saying we should break up families and increase the odds of marriages ending in divorce just so a few weirdos with an expansion fetish can get their fix.

Vlad59

Bench
How will players with families cope with living in a boring security compound?

It'll only be a matter of time until the wives and children return to Australia, with or without their husbands.

If the wives and children remain in Australia then families will be split up. Long distance relationships don't work very well.

I think it's disgusting that people are saying we should break up families and increase the odds of marriages ending in divorce just so a few weirdos with an expansion fetish can get their fix.
You are an idiot.

Yep

players getting tax exemptions or tax free status make it A very desirable Location for Aussies now
Don't be a dumbarse.

The clubs kicked up a stink about the proposition of $600m going towards this team and the Pacific pathways. They want $230m of the $600m for themselves.

Now you're convinced that the clubs will agree to all $600m going towards the proposed PNG
NRL team and Pacific pathways with tax exemptions so they can acquire decent players?

No. Just plain no.

Did you bother to read the responses to Badel on X?

None of them were positive.

Wb1234

Referee
Don't be a dumbarse.

The clubs kicked up a stink about the proposition of $600m going towards this team and the Pacific. They want $230m of the $600m for themselves.

Now you're convinced that the clubs will agree to all $600m going towards the proposed PNG
NRL team and Pacific with tax exemptions so they can acquire decent players?

No. Just plain no.

Did you bother to read the responses to Basel on X?

None of them are positive.
The government has already allowed 34 million to go to the nrl clubs

the rest will have to come from arlc profits

you said attracting Aussie players would be an issue …. Now it won’t