What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Donks, you do realise that virtually everybody in Sydney hates Manly expect the people on the Northern Beaches.
When the Northern Eagles looked like reverting back to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Central Coast fans turned their back on them, crowd numbers went as low as 3,000 at games.
The Trbojevic brothers are the only thing to like about Manly.
I understand. The point of my analogy was to point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of MugaB's claim that everyone in Brisbane should support the Broncos because they're a local team.

There's more to supporting a team than its proximity.

The Broncos are hated by a lot of RL fans in Brisbane because they're a large corporate club that f**ked over the BRL and Crushers to get where they are today.

Super League disenfranchised fans in Sydney because they no longer felt like their club represented them.

Some people like the elitist corporate image of the Broncos and ride their success as a badge of honour. It's the same story with the Storm. Scratch the surface of the average Broncos and Storm fan and you'll find a status snob who only supports "winners" because they don't want to be associated with "losers".

Wb1234

Referee
Donks, you do realise that virtually everybody in Sydney hates Manly expect the people on the Northern Beaches.
When the Northern Eagles looked like reverting back to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Central Coast fans turned their back on them, crowd numbers went as low as 3,000 at games.
The Trbojevic brothers are the only thing to like about Manly.
Before super league that was true not so much now

Storm or broncos would most the ones that are hated most in Sydney (more storm)

when manly smashed the salary cap cheats in the grand final everyone was going for manly. I was there when beaver scored it was amazing

China, derr fred
Regardless of whether PNG has an NRL team, China isn't going to invade Australia. Knock off the racist scaremongering and stop believing everything you read in the paper.

I suppose you think there are reds hiding under your bed?

It isn't racist to point out Logan isn't rich enough to own and run an NRL operation either, what racism got to do with it
It's not racist to make a dumb claim that's not supported by facts.

Out of all the bids, the one with the most money and asset has a footprint in the eastern suburbs of Logan.

Brisbane Tigers.

Let that sink into your brain cell you dope.

MugaB

Coach
I understand. The point of my analogy was to point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of MugaB's claim that everyone in Brisbane should support the Broncos because they're a local team.

There's more to supporting a team than its proximity.

The Broncos are hated by a lot of RL fans in Brisbane because they're a large corporate club that f**ked over the BRL and Crushers to get where they are today.

Super League disenfranchised fans in Sydney because they no longer felt like their club represented them.

Some people like the elitist corporate image of the Broncos and ride their success as a badge of honour. It's the same story with the Storm. Scratch the surface of the average Broncos and Storm fan and you'll find a status snob who only supports "winners" because they don't want to be associated with "losers".
Finally a post that doesn't have the word "Logan" involved in it, like it means something to the rest of us, I never said everyone in Brisbane has to support the Broncos, I said you have 2 options to support your local nrl team, you don't need one to be based specifically in south Brisbane

Finally a post that doesn't have the word "Logan" involved in it, like it means something to the rest of us, I never said everyone in Brisbane has to support the Broncos, I said you have 2 options to support your local nrl team, you don't need one to be based specifically in south Brisbane
You know that I'm not a fan of the Broncos.

Yet you brought them up as an option to support (and are doing so again here)?

Does he know Kalyn Ponga is bisexual, it’s 2024 who cares.
Australians seem to care more about telling everyone how much they love homosexuals and transgenders than showing concern for the weakness of the Australian Defence Force.

It's a f**ken joke that we've got a PM and complicit media pushing for $600m to be squandered on an NRL team in PNG because it's scared of an invasion from China. Money should be spent building up our navy and airforce so they can protect our borders from an invasion.
Well I'm sure they are you 2nd favourite team, right!
all us qlders need to support the bronx, if our cowboys aren't winning
I watch them on TV and cheer when they beat the Sydney clubs. Still cannot bring myself to become a Broncos member or buy any of their merchandise. I'm a paid member of the Cowboys and Dolphins.

MugaB

Coach
Australians seem to care more about telling everyone how much they love homosexuals and transgenders than showing concern for the weakness of the Australian Defence Force.

It's a f**ken joke that we've got a PM and complicit media pushing for $600m to be squandered on an NRL team in PNG because it's scared of an invasion from China. Money should be spent building up our navy and airforce so they can protect our borders from an invasion.
I watch them on TV and cheer when they beat the Sydney clubs. Still cannot bring myself to become a Broncos member or buy any of their merchandise. I'm a paid member of the Cowboys and Dolphins.
Hypocrite, Racist and homophobe, really up there as a role model... youre the whole package tripple yatzee!
what are we weakening in our defence force FFS? we are spending billions on submarines, but 600 million building favouritism on a foreign neighbour for the next 10 years is weak...
Grab that govt cash while it's available PVL

Wb1234

Referee

600 million buys a lot of subs
Hypocrite, Racist and homophobe, really up there as a role model... youre the whole package tripple yatzee!
what are we weakening in our defence force FFS? we are spending billions on submarines, but 600 million building favouritism on a foreign neighbour for the next 10 years is weak...
60 million license fee to be shared by all clubs all paid for by the feds !

Australia is currently protected by six diesel-electric submarines that were built between 1990 and 2003.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins-class_submarine

In 2007 it was announced that they would be replaced in the 2030s by 12 diesel-electric submarines, with the first to be built by 2025. A French company was awarded the project in 2016, but it was ripped up in 2021.

Who knows if the new deal with UK and US to build 8 nuclear powered submarines goes through. If it does then they're scheduled to be built in the late 2030s.

To put this into perspectuve, America has 71 submarines.

Australia has a larger coastline than America.

600 million buys a lot of subs

You know it isn't enough to buy one submarine.

It's neglectful to waste $600m on this crap when the country has a debt of more than $1 TRILLION!

60 million license fee to be shared by all clubs all paid for by the feds !

That's not a good thing when tax payers cannot find a roof to live under and are living off food donations.

Wb1234

Referee
You know it isn't enough to buy one submarine.

It's neglectful to waste $600m on this crap when the country has a debt of more than $1 TRILLION!

That's not a good thing when tax payers cannot find a roof to live under and are living off food donations.
30 bucks per Australian lol

one less meal at Maccas

how much they spending on those dud subs ? 6 billion. Add more to our debt than png does

afl is getting 1 billion on TWO stadia from governments and it’s a done deal

MugaB

Coach
Australia is currently protected by six diesel-electric submarines that were built between 1990 and 2003.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins-class_submarine

In 2007 it was announced that they would be replaced in the 2030s by 12 diesel-electric submarines, with the first to be built by 2025. A French company was awarded the project in 2016, but it was ripped up in 2021.

Who knows if the new deal with UK and US to build 8 nuclear powered submarines goes through. If it does then they're scheduled to be built in the late 2030s.

To put this into perspectuve, America has 71 submarines.

Australia has a larger coastline than America.

Where the F**k did I say I needed a lecture on submarines, or that we never needed any? I'm all for it, get as many as the states for all I care,

...your problem is that you think they won't spend more of our tax money on more OTHER things aswell, they will, and they'll keep doing it, regardless of your insignificant one vote...

MugaB

Coach

one less meal at Maccas

how much they spending on those dud subs ? 6 billion. Add more to our debt than png does

Hahah for Hobart, all you idiots voting for labour last election, should be ashamed of yourselves

one less meal at Maccas

Some people cannot afford a meal at Macca's.

What makes you think an Aussie tax payer who cannot find an affordable house to live in will be happy to see their taxes go towards 15 NRL clubs in Australia, one in New Zealand and one in PNG?

Try to be objective for once. If you cannot see how it will turn people against the NRL then you're away with the fairies. It's a public relations nightmare for the game. Not everyone is a fanatic who is desperate for the NRL to get more funding from the tax payer than AwFuL.

Latest posts