What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wonder if the Bombers money men are backing the Ipswich side of venture and Singo thew Sydney side?? One of the big problems Ipswich had last time was no money backing forcing them to merge with the Bombers consortium.

Wb1234

Referee
I wonder if the Bombers money men are backing the Ipswich side of venture and Singo thew Sydney side?? One of the big problems Ipswich had last time was no money backing forcing them to merge with the Bombers consortium.
There were no bombers money men

that’s why they merged with Ipswich

Centy Coast

Juniors
Ipswich may have a vast nursery to draw upon via the Western Corridor but from all reports I have heard from the Hostplus QLD Cup they aren’t very financially viable in that competition.

BuffaloRules

Coach
So article mentions “up to 9 “ actual Bids made … typical NRL expansion vagueness … they love a mystery..

So Western, PNG, Ipswich, Easts Tigers, Jets, South Island Kea, Wellington …

Who is left …?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So article mentions “up to 9 “ actual Bids made … typical NRL expansion vagueness … they love a mystery..

So Western, PNG, Ipswich, Easts Tigers, Jets, South Island Kea …

Who is left …?
Fiji, SI bid, potentially the third mystery Christchurch bid that has been vaguely mentioned. That'd make 9.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Does todays news mean the nda is over? Or have they just thought bollox we might as well tell everyone we have bid? Im not sure the nda really ever stopped bids from making themselves public did it? It didnt stop the Western Bears or PNG bids.

Wb1234

Referee
Well two bids have bit the dust according to the Jets article … could be more …we don’t know which ones do we ?
No but the reality is most have no chance and are time wasting

I’m sure with Christchurch they want to see which bid has the best finances / investors

Wb1234

Referee
Does today’s news mean the nda is over? Or have they just thought bollox we might as well tell everyone we have bid? Im not sure the nda really ever stopped bids from making themselves public did it? It didnt stop the Western Bears or PNG bids.
Singo is going to be on the wrong end of rugby league history four times lol

once with the jets in 83, then central coast, then Perth and now this one