What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
There isnt grant money in excess of running costs. It costs $30-50million a year to run an NRl club, the grant only covers $17mill of that.
Like I said, yes most between $1-2mill profit, though I I have my doubts if that would be the case for some on FC revenue alone.
But a $1-2mill annual return on a $60mill investment is sht. No-one would do it who had any financial sense. But hey this is you lol
Salary cap is 12.5 million

you are saying clubs have other costs of up to 40 million pa

lol

economics isn’t your strong suite that’s for sure

broncos profits for example are running at around 10 million pa

Gobsmacked

Bench
No, the Aus govt is paying $60mill (allegedly) to get a batsht stupid idea over the line with the stakeholders who can see it wont add any value to their business.

It really isnt. Cumins has said you need to spend $30mill in start up costs for a new club.
Now you're suggesting they should pay another $30mill hand out to clubs on top of that.
So you want someone to invest $60mill to make $1-2mill a year profit, if its a winning year?
Hmmm. I wouldnt be taking that to the Dragons den lol.
But they'll make a trillion billion gazillion...