What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So keeping it more general than Western Bears, as we have the same conversation in another thread, how many of the other bids do you think could afford start up and a $20mill license fee? Is there anyone at this point other than PNG and maybe Easts that have the financial clout to pay that much money out? If NRL are firm on their $20mill fee, and WA govt dont play ball, are we stuck at 18 clubs for a while?

Wb1234

Immortal
I don’t think nz2 will have to stump up a license fee

Stadium is built (Dunedin too)
They have juniors a plenty
League crowds are amazing there

And most crucially they add value to the nz tv deal whilst also providing content for the Australian tv deals

Gobsmacked

Bench
North Sydney bears and Jim Jeffries together with whatever other investors they wanted

Which may still happen anyway

Wa govt don’t care if Cummins owns it as long as they are a Perth team
Jim jeffries has said plenty.. but cold hard cash ? Why do people assume you just hand over money you've fought so hard to acquire. For what? Nostalgia?
Reality hits pretty hard when they're presented with the sum ... bit like a pet bill in some instances.." it's like my child! O how much? Never mind. "

Gobsmacked

Bench
So keeping it more general than Western Bears, as we have the same conversation in another thread, how many of the other bids do you think could afford start up and a $20mill license fee? Is there anyone at this point other than PNG and maybe Easts that have the financial clout to pay that much money out? If NRL are firm on their $20mill fee, and WA govt dont play ball, are we stuck at 18 clubs for a while?
I just love how you completely ignore the clear scenario played out for you in the comment directly above.
Which completely dissolved this post but you continue to post and create discussion on a debunked point regardless..
Why?

Gobsmacked

Bench

And most crucially they add value to the nz tv deal whilst also providing content for the Australian tv deals
The NRL should be paying them.

Wb1234

Immortal
Jim jeffries has said plenty.. but cold hard cash ? Why do people assume you just hand over money you've fought so hard to acquire. For what? Nostalgia?
Reality hits pretty hard when they're presented with the sum ... bit like a pet bill in some instances.." it's like my child! O how much? Never mind. "

He said he would put in 4 mill

Cummins said no to bears investors joining the bid

Then he went and got Sydney investors anyway

MugaB

Coach

Bullshit, they'll all pay, if they want to play

Wb1234

Immortal
Bullshit, they'll all pay, if they want to play

If sky nz pay 20 million more for nz2 then it’s effectively a license which costs them nothing and they get extra content for Aussie tv

Perth are being hit up for a fee bc pvl knows the wa govt is desperate and will pay it

MugaB

Coach
If sky nz pay 20 million more for nz2 then it’s effectively a license which costs them nothing and they get extra content for Aussie tv

Perth are being hit up for a fee bc pvl knows the wa govt is desperate and will pay it
They are all going to pay, coz the clubs want a fee, it's got nothing to do with skynz or wa govt, or aus govt paying for png, the existing clubs want a licence fee established

Gobsmacked

Bench
Enough with the word " FEE" you guys made it up. It's a bid, a bidding process..
Perth Red made up that there's a " FEE" there's no fee!
That's simply a figure to bring WA into line with other bids that are more cost effective.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Enough with the word " FEE" you guys made it up. It's a bid, a bidding process..
Perth Red made up that there's a " FEE" there's no fee!
That's simply a figure to bring WA into line with other bids that are more cost effective.
The delusion is strong in this one. Sure NZ2 offer so much, thats why they've never even been seriously talked about as option 18 or 19!

Gobsmacked

Bench
The delusion is strong in this one. Sure NZ2 offer so much, thats why they've never even been seriously talked about as option 18 or 19!
What? On here lol
This is tricky..
Do you think that this is a place for serious people?
And the the serious people here ( pause for laughter) with these serious discussions ( pause for Applause and laughter) have never seriously discussed the biggest Rugby nation on the planet having another NRL side??
G it's settled then lol
Strange how all the " serious " conversation led to the only dead bid....lol

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Yep totally understand that.
Cumins was super reluctant to step up again having been burnt badly before in 2012. He probably should have listened to his gut and not wasted his time and money!
Oh shut up about Cumins’ losing his money which were obtained barely legitimately.

Iamback

Coach

Dolphins had $100m in the bank when they produced all their paperwork.

Brisbane Easts have huge amounts and missed out

PNG have the govt cash.

It seems to come in you need a load of assets or Govt support to ensure you are stable.

I have said many times overall, I see expansion in this country as being poor. So many teams have gone under in many sports.

So I have no problem with the bar being high

Latest posts