What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Immortal
The Bears have been publicly backed by the games most powerful leader to be the Perth team. It’s wild to suggest that should be put at risk by the Bears joining other bids at this stage.
Lot of people here live in the land of delusion where they ignore all the media articles and cling onto their own desires

Perth Red

Post Whore
16 days since Vlad announced to the press (before the bids!) they weren't happy with any of the bids other than PNG. tick tock.

Canard

Immortal
IF there are other Perth bids, why would the League do publicly reject one of them?

If it was a multiple bid process, you would continue to negotiate with the preferred bidder and not let this play out in the press.

I also find it hard to believe that no information would have been leaked by other bids.

For mine, the NRL should run this team, for now, and get it established and then sell it to the highest bidder.

MugaB

Coach
16 days since Vlad announced to the press (before the bids!) they weren't happy with any of the bids other than PNG. tick tock.
Funnily enough the longer the licence fee isnt paid, the less time there is for recruiting for the '27 to start, especially since you'd need longer than what the dolphins got.... tick tok

Perth Red

Post Whore
IF there are other Perth bids, why would the League do publicly reject one of them?

If it was a multiple bid process, you would continue to negotiate with the preferred bidder and not let this play out in the press.

I also find it hard to believe that no information would have been leaked by other bids.

For mine, the NRL should run this team, for now, and get it established and then sell it to the highest bidder.
That would mean a significant short term spend for them with no guarantee of coming close to covering the expense of setting up, running and paying a licese fee when it came to selling the license. Last time they had to do that they only recouped $4mill back through sale of the two licenses. Its hard to see them having an appetite for that level of risk unless they felt it was essential to leveraging a major increase in Tv money, then it may well seem worth it regardless of license value when it came to selling it.

It would be hilarious if they did that then the Perth bid were the only buyers for it in 5 years time and it cost them less than the $30mill they have currently put up :)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Funnily enough the longer the licence fee isnt paid, the less time there is for recruiting for the '27 to start, especially since you'd need longer than what the dolphins got.... tick tok
yes Vlad is hamstringing this a treat, what a balls up!
I guess non of the other 7 bids floated their boat enough for them to fast track one of them into club 18.

Canard

Immortal
That would mean a significant short term spend for them with no guarantee of coming close to covering the expense of setting up, running and paying a licese fee when it came to selling the license. Last time they had to do that they only recouped $4mill back through sale of the two licenses. Its hard to see them having an appetite for that level of risk unless they felt it was essential to leveraging a major increase in Tv money, then it may well seem worth it regardless of license value when it came to selling it.

It would be hilarious if they did that then the Perth bid were the only buyers for it in 5 years time and it cost them less than the $30mill they have currently put up :)
You're arguing that Perth isn't a viable financial concern here.

And ignoring that growth of the game should outweigh this anyway. You are essentially siding with @Wb1234 and his lackies.

Shit for brains.

Perth Red

Post Whore
You're arguing that Perth isn't a viable financial concern here.

And ignoring that growth of the game should outweigh this anyway. You are essentially siding with @Wb1234 and his lackies.

Shit for brains.
No I'm arguing that its quiet likely an NRL license wouldn't be sold for $50mill+, given the evidence of past sales. And that's what it will cost to set up and run a new club. If the NRl want to be altruistic and poor $50mill of the games money into a Perth club instead of accepting the Western Bears $30mill bid then so be it, bring it on! Can you see it?

MugaB

Coach
yes Vlad is hamstringing this a treat, what a balls up!
I guess non of the other 7 bids floated their boat enough for them to fast track one of them into club 18.
The other bids aren't on the west coast in AFL heartland trying to pull players away from Brisbane/Sydney/NZ, they'll have a much easily fist of it than perf would, don't matter tho you needed to have a licence before blowing that 30 mil on club set up anyways, and were never gonna get one with that mindset of expecting handouts at every turn
ZomboMeme 6976.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts