What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1982: KB Cup Qtr Final Combined-Brisbane vs Parramatta

blue bags

First Grade
You know you've been watching too much 80s footage when you blew up about a scrum feed in the Storm v Raiders game. Get rid of scrums.
craven mild . grab a tooheys ,

kicking duels. this game is very odd, what happened ? hardies planks, city ford, bob ''bear'' oriely
, paul mcabe, roosters team was stacked ,
noel ''crusher''cleal. kerry boustead , terry fahey, kevin hastings, bob fulton ,
ron giteau , greg hartley, passes floated over 2 metres forward lol

blue bags

First Grade
parramatta stadium, Panasonic cup FINAL
illawarra steelers vs Brisbane broncos

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
I don't remember him well but watching his highlights I'm astounded there weren't two better centres than him in NSW. The only times he ever does anything noteworthy with his running game is when the opposition is too busy marking the other more dangerous Parra players. I'm sure lingard and co will vehemently disagree.

He was an extremely good defender. Despite his running style, he was deceptively fast. He had an ability to stand in tackles (even when there were three in the tackle) and offload to supports. Whereas Kenny was more a running five-eight, Cronin acted as a 'pivot' in the backline. As well as his goal-kicking, he was a more than handy kicker in general play. He was always a level-head and steadying influence on the team. Read a game very well. He was very strong. Had a great passing game. He was the sort of player who made those around him shine. He would be perfectly suited to play centre in today's game.

Latest posts