What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19th licence, who is it?

Who's up Next?

• Perth Bears

• East Tigers (S.E.Q)

• Nz Keas/ Christchurch

• Fiji

• Somewhere else SA, Vic2, SC, CC, CQ etc

• Western Coridor Jets S.E.Q

Results are only viewable after voting.

MugaB

Coach
Who's next people, its probably a foregone conclusion that 18th is done and dusted, who do rather get the lucrative 19th licence, (the one that needs to make money from the broadcaster)
as it maybe stand alone, coz it's not selling and extra game per round, just bring back the dreaded bye

flippikat

Bench
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if Perth & NZ 2 are announced at the same time - either to enter together or in very close succession.

Perth (likely Bears?) then Christchurch the next season... perhaps.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
19. West Coast Pirates
20. South Island Kea
21. Ipswich Jets
22. Central Coast Bears
23. Adelaide Rams
24. Wellington Orcas

Buy Super League, 10 English Teams, 2 French teams and then the NRL becomes a global brand with three conferences of 12 teams each containing clubs from Aus, NZ, England, France and PNG.

blue bags

First Grade
Pasifika Grizzlies Bear's 🐻
NRL are political now
Go the front line pacific island's
Our government needs our help
PNG. Tonga. Fiji. Samoa
PNG Frog's
And pasifika Grizzlies Bear's 🐻

Santino Patane

Juniors
Who's next people, its probably a foregone conclusion that 18th is done and dusted, who do rather get the lucrative 19th licence, (the one that needs to make money from the broadcaster)
as it maybe stand alone, coz it's not selling and extra game per round, just bring back the dreaded bye
Valid point on #19 needing to be making the monies. That would lead it to be either NZ2 or Bris3, right? I’d love Bris3 for more local derby’s but still feel it should be #20 to give the Dolphins space to grow. NZ2 have sold me lately so they would be my go to.

But it sounds like all the PVL hints are leading to Perth (so long as they put in the right proposal though). I’ve always been pro Perth for our comp but where things are landing, there’s probably better options moving forward.

MugaB

Coach
Valid point on #19 needing to be making the monies. That would lead it to be either NZ2 or Bris3, right? I’d love Bris3 for more local derby’s but still feel it should be #20 to give the Dolphins space to grow. NZ2 have sold me lately so they would be my go to.

But it sounds like all the PVL hints are leading to Perth (so long as they put in the right proposal though). I’ve always been pro Perth for our comp but where things are landing, there’s probably better options moving forward.
I'm pro everything, but realistically Perth isn't offering a comp choc full of athletes, it's basically just offering a city, that the bears seem to want in on, and I have zero issue with it, but as far as moneys from broadcaster, perths the draw card as far as another metro reach, but I have to agree Brisbane 3 would be the money maker,
Not sure how the keas has swayed you yet they don't really even exist yet, as far as a solid bid

Last edited:

Santino Patane

Juniors
I'm pro everything, but realistically Perth isn't offering a comp choc full of athletes, it's basically just offering a city, that the bears seem to want in on, and I have zero issue with it, but as far as moneys from broadcaster, perths the draw card as far as another metro reach, but I have to agree Brisbane 3 would be the money maker,
Not sure how the keas has swayed you yet they don't really even exist yet, as far as a solid bid
Just with where the game is at in NZ- I get there’s a long way to go for a bid but if the growth there stays sustainable and solid another Kiwi team seems like a team that can add a lot back to the game. What are your other options for #19? The more I think of it, the success of 19 will probably determine if the game stays at 20 or goes further….

Latest posts