What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

19th licence, who is it?

Who's up Next?

• Perth Bears

• East Tigers (S.E.Q)

• Nz Keas/ Christchurch

• Fiji

• Somewhere else SA, Vic2, SC, CC, CQ etc

• Western Coridor Jets S.E.Q

Results are only viewable after voting.

MugaB

Coach
Just with where the game is at in NZ- I get there’s a long way to go for a bid but if the growth there stays sustainable and solid another Kiwi team seems like a team that can add a lot back to the game. What are your other options for #19? The more I think of it, the success of 19 will probably determine if the game stays at 20 or goes further….
Well there's the whole debate on the fact the warriors have been around for 29 years and really haven't done much till now, so why would add another, where as Brisbane had been around a tad bit longer and had won 6 GFs and sustained a fair chunk of success throughout their time, so adding another was a no brainer, there's so many variables to fans choosing a worthy candidate, but really it's go where the players are, go where you can add more athletes, who cares if Auckland has 4 nrl teams or Sydney has 9 teams, Brisbane has 5 teams etc, as long as the talent is there it's a worthy endeavour, don't need to struggle with a city that doesn't care for the sport, and won't make reasonable efforts to fund or support its junior leagues, (like Adelaide etc)

mongoose

Coach
Well there's the whole debate on the fact the warriors have been around for 29 years and really haven't done much till now, so why would add another, where as Brisbane had been around a tad bit longer and had won 6 GFs and sustained a fair chunk of success throughout their time, so adding another was a no brainer, there's so many variables to fans choosing a worthy candidate, but really it's go where the players are, go where you can add more athletes, who cares if Auckland has 4 nrl teams or Sydney has 9 teams, Brisbane has 5 teams etc, as long as the talent is there it's a worthy endeavour, don't need to struggle with a city that doesn't care for the sport, and won't make reasonable efforts to fund or support its junior leagues, (like Adelaide etc)
so should we add another team to Melbourne, just because they've won some premierships? ..

wait, i forgot you're pro-melbourne 2... still a dumb idea

MugaB

Coach
so should we add another team to Melbourne, just because they've won some premierships? ..

wait, i forgot you're pro-melbourne 2... still a dumb idea
I'm pro all expansion, I never said I agree with that thought process, there's a lot of people already saying why do we need another NZ team when the current one is or was a basketcase

final say

Juniors
This is the thing.
Queensland added the Cowboys
While NZ adds the South Island
That's the comparison.
If we're talking about another team in Auckland sure.. but we aren't.

final say

Juniors
NZ in a massive financial recession at the moment.
It's a recession so bad that every single Warriors games have sold out including trial games, record merch sales, record tv ratings and record attendance.
Australia has been in a per capita recession for almost a year with only a mind boggling 600,000 migrants keeping us out of a technical recession- and they aren't coming to watch league! They're international students from mostly China, India and Nepal..Using the a loophole that allows foreign nationals to buy established homes if they are a student has insured record house prices and record rents in what is widely accepted as a cost of living crisis.

Looks like Donkey Bong has lost it completely.
I'm going off the figures released by the media.

Cowboys $22.7m
Warriors $11.6m

Almost twice as much revenue generated by the Cowboys.

Auckland has 1.6m people.

Townsville has 202k people.

A few years ago it was just 160k.

final say

Juniors
I'm going off the figures released by the media.

Cowboys $22.7m
Warriors $11.6m

Almost twice as much.
Honestly don't know what this has to do with anything?
Good for the Cowboys?
I like the Cowboys 🙂