What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ASHES TEST: @ Edgbaston, Birmingham June 16-20, 2023

TheParraboy

Staff member
Not far away, Starts this Friday 8pm

Hope we don't celebrate too hard and long winning the WTC FINAL

Same lineup Id assume, concerned with both Cummins and Starc leaking runs

I guess anything is possible, after Australia's favorite hero MS Wade delivered two beautiful centuries last UK ashes 💕

Bazal

Post Whore
I'd have Neser over both Starc and Haze tbh.

I think Starc needs a trundle in county cricket while he's over there but we won't do anything so sensible.

I'm actually not worried about Bazball tbh. We might well get flogged but Bazball puts all the risk on England. My worry is our own leadership and captaincy...we need to know when to defend and when to attack them and I don't think our brains trust has a clue

Starc out, Neser or Hazlewood in. The concern with Hazlewood is obviously match fitness and he could break down, but his record in England is very good.

With that said I expect the same team, we’re often loyal to a fault.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I'd have Neser over both Starc and Haze tbh.

I think Starc needs a trundle in county cricket while he's over there but we won't do anything so sensible.

I'm actually not worried about Bazball tbh. We might well get flogged but Bazball puts all the risk on England. My worry is our own leadership and captaincy...we need to know when to defend and when to attack them and I don't think our brains trust has a clue

This

Eelectrica

Referee
As long as Boland stays in the team for this series, fitness permitting. Didn't think I'd be saying that a couple of years ago, but good on him. He was given the opportunity and proved people wrong.

We need depth in our bowling attack and he more than gives us depth.
Would be great to see Neser in the team as well at some point.

gUt

Coach
I really hope Neser gets a chance, apart from anything else his lower order batting is great and we could use some of that.

Starc should sit out the 2nd and 5th tests no matter. His record in London, where there’s less ball movement through the air is terrible.

4 tests in London, average of 50 with a strike rate of 80

F23DE70B-C63C-4F3B-8ED3-74FFFE495F42.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
That was a nutty Day 1. I was front row in the Eric Hollies stand, the atmosphere was unreal.
That photo was day 4 his 2nd innings 100.

But I was also there day 1 in the Hollies stand as well when he scored his first 100.

Was incredible took us from 8/120 to 290 odd.

Got offered sandpaper 3 times when I walked in on day 1.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
That photo was day 4 his 2nd innings 100.

But I was also there day 1 in the Hollies stand as well when he scored his first 100.

Was incredible took us from 8/120 to 290 odd.

Got offered sandpaper 3 times when I walked in on day 1.
His Day 1 ton was the best of his career. Yeah lots of banter with the showerless. Our players and JL (lulz) were copping it so much during warm up and then the match. Smithy was shown a shit ton of respect when he tonned up though.

bazza

Immortal
As long as Boland stays in the team for this series, fitness permitting. Didn't think I'd be saying that a couple of years ago, but good on him. He was given the opportunity and proved people wrong.

We need depth in our bowling attack and he more than gives us depth.
Would be great to see Neser in the team as well at some point.
yes - think keep the same team as WTC and see how Starc goes after looking rusty
Think they could bring in Nesser for Leeds and Manchester

mozza91

Coach
Let’s put this Bazball shit to bed with a dominant win.
Bring in Neser for Starc and keep the the other 10.