What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ASHES TEST: @ Edgbaston, Birmingham June 16-20, 2023

Eelectrica

Referee
Happy with a draw at this point. Survive two sessions, that's the job now.
Of course score runs when available, just avoid loose shots. Would have needed the full day anyway to attempt a win. With our brittle tail we could lose a bunch of wickets in quick succession for not many runs.
Or we could, you know, just win the damn game!
Tactical genius right there.

Sime_11

Juniors
really interested to see how the england quicks recover from this - Broad especially - bowled alot of overs and alot of emotion/geeing the crowd up - to lose in this fashion will hurt big time

if Smith & Marnus bat at their best - we look far superior

1-0 up and winning in extreme fashion - i hope the British tabloids give it to them in the morning :p

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The bald man Nathan Lyon helping Australia to victory

AmusedGlisteningEagle-size_restricted.gif

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
really interested to see how the england quicks recover from this - Broad especially - bowled alot of overs and alot of emotion/geeing the crowd up - to lose in this fashion will hurt big time

1-0 up and winning in extreme fashion - i hope the British tabloids give it to them in the morning :p
Anderson looked every bit his 91 years old yesterday.

bazza

Immortal

don't see any improvement in the England bowling attack besides bringing Mark Wood in
They really are plodders when the conditions aren't 100% to their liking

lockyno1

Post Whore
That was a fantastic test match, we all laugh at Baseball but it put us on the edge of our seat for 5 days.

Do feel we have more improvement. We had a test where Smith and Lab did nothing and Head wasn't anything special. Thought Green was very good 38 and 27 on his first Ashes test in England plus his fielding great work by our AR.

Changes, for me it depends on the pitch, but even though Cummins got runs yesterday I would rather him at 9 than 8. Both Starc and Neser bat better than Boland/Haze.

All in all fantastic performance by all players.