What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v India at SCG Jan 12th 2019 - AUSTRALIA WON BY 34 RUNS

Yeah - 4 days, 105 overs a day.

Will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. I think it’s to encourage tier 1 countries to find time in their schedules to play Zimbabwe/Ireland/Afghanistan. I get it from that perspective.

It’s fanciful, though.

They struggle to fit 90 overs in at the moment, plus I also think there’d be some concerns about the bowlers if they did get in 105 overs in a day.

I suppose if they only limit it to playing the smaller nations, but you know how these things go.

Was a good win

The 3 very early wickets plus the Dhoni crawl combination probably got us home
Berendorf and Richardson outstanding

We still needed to get 20-30 ruins more in the future , we aint gonna get 3 early wickets every game

Definitely need to tinker with the batting lineup. Maxwell is way too low, Carey isn’t good enough to be opening.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah - 4 days, 105 overs a day.

Will be allowed on a case-by-case basis. I think it’s to encourage tier 1 countries to find time in their schedules to play Zimbabwe/Ireland/Afghanistan. I get it from that perspective.

South Africa played Zimbabwe in a 4 day boxing day test, couple of years back

aussies1st

Staff member
Good win, early wickets got us home. We need to tweak that top 4 though, all too similar batsmen.
Finch
Khawaja
Stonis
Marsh

Good win, early wickets got us home. We need to tweak that top 4 though, all too similar batsmen.
Finch
Khawaja
Stonis
Marsh

Stoinis at no.3 would be interesting, you get the feeling he can score a few one day hundreds. He also seems to need time to get going, don’t think he’s suited to no.6.

Well if these two opening bowlers can keep producing effects like this I would prefer them along side Pat in the team rather than Starc and Haze who have been f##king ordinary in all forms of cricket.

Well if these two opening bowlers can keep producing effects like this I would prefer them along side Pat in the team rather than Starc and Haze who have been f##king ordinary in all forms of cricket.

Starc is the best ODI bowler in the country, craps all over Cummins.

Starc should be focussing on the World Cup and not playing against Sri Lanka.

undertaker

Coach
Just watched some brief highlights of the match. Excellent bowling from Richardson, and some decent performances in our batting lineup.

Did something happen to the batteries in the zinger bails/stumps? Thankfully there weren't any close run-out decisions to be made, as those dark bails at night would've been difficult to pick up.