What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: Australia v South Africa at Perth, Nov 4 2018

TheParraboy

Staff member
First of 3 x ODI's v SA kicks of on Sunday 2.20pm

Ch7 the new free to air of cricket apparently wont be covering it. What a complete farce.
Will be on at Fox 501, Warne will be there no doubt pushing his agendas on who should be in the side

SA play a warm up match in Canberra Manuka oval v PM XI this Wednesday

Will we win a game with this lot? Bowling should be on par and competitive

Australias squad for the 3 x ODI

Aaron Finch (capt), Josh Hazlewood (vc), Alex Carey (vc), Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, D'Arcy Short, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Adam Zampa

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25093302/aaron-finch-replaces-tim-paine-australia-odi-captain

jargan83

Coach
Apologies if this question was covered in the TV Rights thread.

How did Fox get around the anti-siphoning laws to be only broadcaster for the ODI’s?

TheParraboy

Staff member
Feel sorry for cricket fans who don't have Fox

What the f..k are ch7 thinking?? Is it clashing with something like tennis or lawn bowls??

Even if it was on 7, Im not gonna watch a minute of them, better commentators at Fox (Warne aside) more cricket talk, and less ads

JW

Coach
Feel sorry for the current generation growing up with Cricket (sans Fox). No limited overs internationals, a heavy diet of KFC Cricket and Test coverage comprising of wall to wall VFL anecdotes.

I miss Nein already.

As for this series, I'm sure we'll find a way to mess it up somehow.

jargan83

Coach
Pretty pissweak from Channel 7 not to show the game on FTA but I guess this is what Cricket fans will have to put up with in future with Cricket Australia putting money ahead of the game.

What’s the bet there’s a sneaky backrook deal between 7 and Fox so that’s Fox has exclusive TV coverage?

Eelectrica

Referee
If Ch7 don't think an ODI series between SA and Aus will rate, I don't know what they think will bring ratings. Whilst we're not what we used to be, I think plenty of people would love to watch the series and see just how we go.
There's all kinds of reasons to think this ODI series would rate well.

franklin2323

Immortal
When the deal was announced Fox said all short form International cricket was on there. Cricket Australia got greedy and will pay the price in years to come

TheParraboy

Staff member
People still watch ODIs? While they are better than 20/20 its a dead format that should be scrapped

World cup is not too far away, so there will be more ODI coming up

the 5 game Ind v WI series has got good crowds, all games are live which helps and that its in india
the tie match was good

Bazal

Post Whore
People still watch ODIs? While they are better than 20/20 its a dead format that should be scrapped

Probably my fave form to sit and watch on a weekend. Test cricket is obviously my favourite all around, but sitting down on a Sunday arvo to watch an ODI in summer with a ten pack of Bentspoke is just about the perfect evening

Probably my fave form to sit and watch on a weekend. Test cricket is obviously my favourite all around, but sitting down on a Sunday arvo to watch an ODI in summer with a ten pack of Bentspoke is just about the perfect evening
I've been smashing the Cluster 8 lately

TheParraboy

Staff member

Exactly what I intend to do on Sunday mate from 4pm onwards or so

6 pack of TED though, and some thins chips :D