What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI: India v Australia at Vadodara Oct 25 2009

Ridders

Coach
Maybe it was a reverse psychology tactic by Punter.

Maybe he thought that since the batsmen were expecting Lee.....bowling Watson would be an effective surprise tactic.....

.....I'm struggling I know

aussies1st

Staff member
Lee had an injury so couldn't bowl out his last 4. It worked out in the end and we know Siddle doesn't choke under pressure. Watson has always been a suspect death bowler, I remember him costing us a few games against NZ at the death.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is not as if Ponting had options coming out of his rear end guys! Watson bowled 1 poor over, yes. He was not alone in that department, the whole attack went for 5.8 an over last night, at least Watson picked up wickets. Ideally you would have Hopes an Lee to come back. Plus bowling Johnson out too early cost us big time.

Bigfella

Coach
Good experience for Siddle.

Like to think that if Harby had been on strike needing six off the last ball that we would have bowled underarm. As it was, not required.

Harby definitely has some mental toughness and appetite for a fight. Glad we didn't lose the plot.

Some very poor bowling by Sunshine and poor fielding by Marsh were the main factors, but the Indians certainly have some batting.

Should be a good series.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The more relevent question is why the f**k was he bowling. Brett Lee the form bowler of 20/20 champions league only bowled 6 overs.

Ricky and his man love.

It is a shame as I cannot wait for him to retire now, his captaincy is just shyte. But I will miss Ricky the batsmaen one of the best ever.
Gotta agree regarding Ponting, there was a reason why
i enjoyed the champions league so much. It was ponting and
and manlub free.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok, if Lee was injuried fair enough Punter.

But why did Haurie only get 9? Why Siddle only 9?

Yet bum chum Watson gets 10?

Bazal

Post Whore
what the hell was Waston thinking with all those full tosses in the second last over ?

that has to be the dumbest bowling plan ever

He looked shot for a few overs beforehand in some pretty nasty heat, no idea why Punter left him on so long when he's never been a death bowler even at full energy. He and Siddle, through fatigue and sheer uselessness, were the worst two we could have bowling those last few overs...that 48th over from Siddle was as diabolical as anything Watson did, and the Victorian was fresh. WTF was he doing coming around the wicket and bowling full on the legs to blokes who were looking for exactly those deliveries? Madness...he was lucky Harby is a tail ender and got himself out in the end, and lucky that Watson bowled just as badly

Bazal

Post Whore

To be fair, Watson bowled very well up until his last over or two. I think it was poor rotation though, Watson hasn't bowled much since his injury so he was clearly out of steam at the end, and on top of that he's a line and length bowler which is exactly what you can't bowl at the death....He's proven a problem for us at the death before so why give it to him again, especially when he's short of a gallop? Even Haurie could have fired it at the toes

lockyno1

Post Whore

I love Haurie to bits but he got belted in his last few overs as well, plus Ponting's theory would have been that India prefer spinners than quicks.

Bigfella

Coach
I think everyone is overlooking the fact that we lost 2 of our first five bowling options to injury.

That's the main reason India got close (plus some poor fielding at the end), and the main reason Ponting had bugger all options.

KALLFOEHORE

Juniors
Hey guys,Ive contacted Salton about one of these and they dont actually stock them.Does anyone know of any other retailers in Australia that sell them?Id like warranty