What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st ODI- Nz v Windies

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
NZ win toss and bowl

Gillespie in and Patel left out along with Broom

Chanderpaul not playing for West Indies

Weather looking a bit dodgy in regards to an uniterrupted days play

Must admit i wasn't that keen on Moles as coach, but every time i hear the bloke talk cricket he impresses me

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Mark Gillespie is like the Grant Rovelli of cricket. The guy has nothing but a fraction of extra pace. Completely overrated because of it. Still, he's probably better than Martin.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Well at least we got 1 over in before the rain :lol:

I cam stomach Gillespie because you can tell he is giving it his all when he charges in each ball

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Gillespie gives it everything sure, but he's one of the most thoughtless cricketers going around. If he actually stepped back and thought about his bowling that extra pace would be more effective, but instead he wants to get a wicket every ball and thinks all he has to do to get it is bowl fast.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sarwan and Marshall going pretty well, anything over 200 would be competitive on this wicket.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
This game could be a lottery if the weather keeps chopping and changing. Who knows whether it will even be a 50 over game.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Well we can write the 2nd match off as well

Live 5 mins from the ground and a huge storm has just flown through, that will be enough to abandon i think

edabomb

First Grade
Hope they put on old highlights again featuring the great Craig Spearman!

Unfortunately I don't think your number 1 Craig Cumming ever played ODI's. That would of been a great combo, Spearmen would of french cut a 4, smashed a six and been out for 15 and Cumming would of stuck around another 30 overs before he overtook him :lol:

African Monkey

First Grade
I was talking about their ODI records (Cumming and Flynn). That comment had nothing to do with their abilities and who is gonna go further in the game.