What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Qualifying final: Newcastle vs Manly *SPOILERS*

Newcastle Knights vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Energy Australia Stadium
Ref: Sean Hampstead

Knights:
1 M.Thaiday
2 B.Carney
3 M.Gidley
4 G.Carmont
5 A.Quinn
6 K.Gidley
7 A.Johns (C)
8 J.Perry
9 D.Buderus
10 A.Woolnough
11 S.Simpson
12 C.Newton
13 Reegan Tanner

14 L.Davico
15 C.Smith
16 J.Mullen
17 K.Reynoldson

Manly:

1 B.Stewart
2 M.Robertson
3 S.Bell
4 S.Matai
5 C.Hicks
6 T.Burns
7 M.Orford
8 J.King
9 M.Monaghan
10 B.Kite
11 S.Menzies
12 A.Watmough
13 B.Kennedy (C)

14 S.Dunley
15 L.Williamson
16 K.Leuluai
17 M.Bryant

Post your pre match, in match and post match thoughts here.

Its going to be a great finals match but i think Newcastle will scrape home.

Mate, with all due respect, I'd probably advise you put spoilers in the title so people are aware of the results being posted.

Should be a great game, can't wait, realistically its going to be very tough for Manly to back up efforts of 4 weeks ago but it is definately possible. Packed house at Energy Australia is no easy task.

Newcastle by 2

Sea Eagle Scuba said:
Mate, with all due respect, I'd probably advise you put spoilers in the title so people are aware of the results being posted.

Should be a great game, can't wait, realistically its going to be very tough for Manly to back up efforts of 4 weeks ago but it is definately possible. Packed house at Energy Australia is no easy task.

Newcastle by 2
sorry will do

raiders fan forever said:
sorry will do

No worries, Im not fussed either way, but some forum posters get the sh*ts when people don't post spoilers in the heading. Just thought I'd let you know before other people start having a dig at ya.

Cheers

Dutchy

Immortal
Rose will play...Dunley to PL > Willo to bench > BK in

heard on radio 5 mins ago about Manly playing 3 props on bench

Later guys - heading to the ground in 5 mins time

SEAGLES BY 16

scottyj said:
Rose will play...Dunley to PL > Willo to bench > BK in

heard on radio 5 mins ago about Manly playing 3 props on bench

Later guys - heading to the ground in 5 mins time

SEAGLES BY 16
Thank Christ for that. RFF, don't go giving people heart attacks like that, get the facts before you post like you would if it were your own team!

Weather is patchy but mainly overcast,and the wind has dropped. Some threatening clouds around to the south-east though. Fingers crossed they blow out to sea and it stays how it is now.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
I think its going to a close match.
cant wait Orford VS Johns
But i think Brett stewart will be the difference. Reckon he'll get 2 tonight
Eagles by 8

Snoop

Coach
Both Orford and Johns will bomb away in the swirly conditions. Stewart is 10 times better under the bomb than when he first cracked 1st grade and most Newcastle fans will be quietly (and perhaps openly) pleased that Seage is their custodian. Thaiday can be brilliant in attack but he would have been very suspect under the bomb tonight with a slippery, swirly ball.

My heart says Manly but my head says Newcastle. Either way the margin won't be more than 8.

dragondad

First Grade
If Dunley plays PL,then that's a big loss for Manly off the bench.

From what I've seen,he's really added alot of spark.

Can Monaghan play as an 80min hooker?

This one really is a toss of the coin.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
My school (Lambton High School) is directly opposite EAS and when I left school to go home (around 3:30ish) there was a flock of Novacastrians there to support our guys. :D
Just thought id let you all know..:)

Oh and Knights by 16. :D

CMON KNIGHTS!