What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st test Aust vs England @ the gabba

Master Vippo

Juniors
Marshall_magic said:
AUSTRALIA
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Watson
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
MacGrath
MacGill/Bracken (depends on wicket, the one who misses out becomes 12th man)

ENGLAND
Strauss
Trescothick
Cook
Pieterson
Flintoff
Bell
Collingwood
Read
Plunkett
Harmison
Monty

I think Bracken might be a bit further back than that, he has been going great in ODIs, but the selectors dont see him that way for tests

And where's Hoggard in your Eng team? You serious? Also i'd say Eng will take 5 bowlers in, even if that is the wrong decision.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
sanchez moreno said:
Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Symonds
Clarke/Hussey
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Gillespie/Bracken/Macgill
McGrath

I really am starting to doubt your team selections. Hussey is a must in the team. He would be in the top 2 or 3 chosen in any team in the world and that includes australia.

Sanchez

Coach
imo watson does not yet have the batting abilities to warrent an allrounders spot. symonds is the next best allrounder.
Hussey would actually get the spot and clarke would go to 12 man. but i was showing i think clarke deserves a spot

Master Vippo said:
I think Bracken might be a bit further back than that, he has been going great in ODIs, but the selectors dont see him that way for tests

And where's Hoggard in your Eng team? You serious? Also i'd say Eng will take 5 bowlers in, even if that is the wrong decision.

Oops, left hoggard out by accident, he can take Plunketts spot

Red Bear

Referee
We dont have a test class all rounder, i dont know why we are attempting to. either 6 batsmen plus gilly plus 4 bowlers or, if macgill plays, 5 batsmen plus gilly then 3 quicks 2 spinners

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bring it home Knights said:
I really am starting to doubt your team selections. Hussey is a must in the team. He would be in the top 2 or 3 chosen in any team in the world and that includes australia.

Hussey was just picked in the world test and ODI teams

Red Bear

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Bangladesh smashed Clark. England would thump him all over the place!
Clark of course did have a top series vs south africa, but lets focus on the one bad game because, afterall, he's a blue.

lockyno1

Post Whore
GoTheBears said:
Clark of course did have a top series vs south africa, but lets focus on the one bad game because, afterall, he's a blue.

Every bowler did well in South Africa. Clark is USELESS unless the pitch is helpful for him!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Every bowler did well in South Africa. Clark is USELESS unless the pitch is helpful for him!

no they didn't, and Clark got man of the series

JJ

Immortal
won't really matter, if McGrath and Warne bowl well you'll win easily. If they bowl ok, you'll win in a closer series.

If they are poor or miss tests, it becomes more of a lottery.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
no they didn't, and Clark got man of the series

So what? Dizzy got man of the series against the Bangers does that mean he should be there as well?

aussies1st

Staff member
Clark would be the safer option of the lot. That would give us 3 accurate bowlers plus Lee to attack. If we are going to play Tait/Johnson I would bring in Watson to cover for them if they get a smashing.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Watson will be there anyway. He'll be our no6 and anyone who thinks otherwise is just silly. Clarke hasn't made hundreds to put any pressure on him at all and even I know Symonds is not a test player!

Master Vippo

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Watson will be there anyway. He'll be our no6 and anyone who thinks otherwise is just silly. Clarke hasn't made hundreds to put any pressure on him at all and even I know Symonds is not a test player!

Not going off what Ponting said in the press. He said if McGrath was a bit underdone, Watson would play, if McGrath fired, Clarke would get it for his batting. Im starting to think Clarke may get it. We'll see soon though.

aussies1st

Staff member
If Clarke gets it then no way Tait/Johnson should play. It must be Bracken or Clark.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Punter was talking Bracken up big time after the final last night for the test team, as far as being a contender