What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st test Aust vs England @ the gabba

JJ

Immortal
Dad's Army far too good... Showing yet again that daylight is second at test cricket.

Funny thing is, in a few years you could probably send your test team to a Masters games and win that too :lol:

JJ

Immortal
Rastus_in_Melbourne said:
Australia 1 win away from securing the Ashes. Cause no way England could win 2 tests to keep them. Should be all wrapped up by next Tuesday.

hmmm - yep, exactly the same situation we were in after the 1st test of the last series

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee its gonna be interesting to see who they pick for Adelaide

Clark was very good, how can they leave him out ?

most likely the selectors will go with Watson and McGill and both the Clarks out

The Colonel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
gee its gonna be interesting to see who they pick for Adelaide

Clark was very good, how can they leave him out ?

most likely the selectors will go with Watson and McGill and both the Clarks out

Is Adelaide really taking that much spin anymore though? Maybe adding Watson for Clarke but I can't see why they can't go in with Clark, Lee, Warne and McGrath and give Clarke some more responsibility with the ball.....

JJ

Immortal
absolute crime if they leave Stuart Clark out... FFS, how well does he have to bowl??? (how poorly does Brett Lee have to bowl by comparison to be below Clark)

spider

Coach
AS long as McGrath is fit, we have history on our side.

He has never played in a losing series in Australia.

But i think we have more than history on our side - IMO, England are really going to struggle to take 20 wickets in any match against our batting.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the last series, McGrath didn't lose a test he played! I agree JJ, and as much as I want Johnson in the side, Clark DESERVES to be there on form! Lee deserves to be playing club cricket with the tripe he served up in both innings!

aussies1st

Staff member
JJ said:
hmmm - yep, exactly the same situation we were in after the 1st test of the last series

Lots of difference.
1) England actually bowled us out for less than 200. - This time couldn't even manage to bowl us out
2) England got 20 wickets - This time only 11!
3) Harmison was in good form - This time crap form
4) Aussie batters were in crap form - All batters bar Gilly in top form
5) We were in England - This time in Australia
And I could name another 100 if I wanted to.

aussies1st said:
Lots of difference.
1) England actually bowled us out for less than 200. - This time couldn't even manage to bowl us out

Plus of course McGrath just needs to not step on cricket balls before the 2nd Test starts. But I'm happy if the only thing they have to hang their hat on is 'but but but last time.....' :lol:

Stand by what I said, 1 more Australian win will finish the series.

JJ

Immortal
aussies1st said:
Lots of difference.

:lol: the defensive response suggests you're still a little worried - god knows why, the Poms looked worse than NZ! :lol:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wouldnt be surprised if the selectors kept the exact same side for Adelaide.

We are 1-0, have an inform bowling line up. Lets keep 6 batsman and score plenty again :D

The Colonel

Immortal
SpiderShark said:
IMO, England are really going to struggle to take 20 wickets in any match against our batting.

I think it has more to do with the bowlers they are selecting. Harmison is supposed to be talking to Lillee sometime this week in regard to his action but it makes you wonder whether he can fix it that quickly. He looks very short on fitness and his form is a genuine worry.

Panesar should come into consideration but while Fletcher is still a selector you'd have to question whether or not it will happen.

aussies1st

Staff member
JJ said:
:lol: the defensive response suggests you're still a little worried - god knows why, the Poms looked worse than NZ! :lol:

Nah no one can be worst than those Kiwis

The Colonel

Immortal
JJ said:

Not quite, Harmison, Hoggard, Jones and Flintoff looked a much better bowling attack then as opposed to Anderson, Hoggard, Harmison and Flintoff do now......

lockyno1

Post Whore
Simon Jones is gone, can't see them aquiring a strike bowler! Mahmood must come in for Anderson and Monty must play.

Latest posts