What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Optus Stadium Perth, Dec 14-18 2023

undertaker

Coach
Someone from the changerooms have got to pass the message onto Khawaja to stop batting like Tubby Taylor and Geoff Marsh after a night at the all-you-can-eat buffet

undertaker

Coach
If the Aussies are going to bat the way they are, they should've enforced the follow on.

Mr Climate Change/Baldy/Hazlenut/Stork need to harden up and stop using the excuse that bowlers need a rest, even with a 200+ run lead

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We need plenty of overs to bowl these guys out 2nd innings.

They can bunker down like George Costanza at Playnow if they have to.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Also, one of the worst crowds I've seen in Australia

Embarrassing
Speaking to my mates in Perth today who go evey year they reckon Optus should only be used for India and England tests.

The other two in the 4 year cycle should be at the WACA.

Current crowds they are getting would look almost full at the WACA.

undertaker

Coach
Speaking to my mates in Perth today who go evey year they reckon Optus should only be used for India and England tests.

The other two in the 4 year cycle should be at the WACA.

Current crowds they are getting would look almost full at the WACA.
Even the Perth Stadium test vs India in 2018 drew disappointing crowds. Max in a day was approx. 20k IIRC

Ashes test would draw a big crowd, no doubt about that.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Even the Perth Stadium test vs India in 2018 drew disappointing crowds
2018 was a miserable summer we had a shit side.

The sandpaper trio weren't playing the team was one of the worst we have seen on home soil I reckon. It was a hard sell and the team was on the nose.

Plus funnily enough our rivalry has grown since I reckon they have beaten us twice at home in tests and we beat them in the world cup final.

Next years series against India at Home may be the biggest series yet on home soil. And it's 5 tests especially with England generally being uncompetitive whenever they are out here.

India are the 1 side who have always given us a challenge at home.