What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan @ Optus Stadium Perth, Dec 14-18 2023

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Hate to say it but the only competitive test series we have these days is v India.

The poms are useless here and we lift against them.
The kiwis might be ok but we haven't seen them for years.
The saffas showed no interest last time are in decline and are shelving tests for t20.
Everyone else is mediocre at best.

King hit

Coach
Hate to say it but the only competitive test series we have these days is v India.

The saffas showed no interest last time are in decline and are shelving tests for t20.

That series we last played against them was a classic. All the ex Kiwi players pumping up there chances of beating us in our own country but just ended up being completely demolished. Always brings a smile to my face thinking about it.

JJ

Immortal

The fact that India are so good in Aust speaks to what a great team they are…. Without trawling the history books I’d suggest only incredibly good sides are competitive touring Australia, the reality is that your home series are almost always one sided…. Those Windies sides flipping the script were other worldly tbh

Getting the feeling that Smudge is in a long decline phase of his career that he can't recover from, ala Ponting in his latter stages

yobbo84

Coach
That Smith LBW was cooked

Hit on the top flap of the pad in front of the crease at Perth, no way that was hitting the stumps

Wilson is hopeless

Pippen94

First Grade
Didn't take long. John the bookie on his cellular phone asking Pakistan what the conditions are like in Perth. I smell rupees.

Prove me wrong boys make it to tea time at least.

Pakistan have lost 14 straight matches in Australia. They don't need to throw game on purpose..

Pippen94

First Grade
The fact that India are so good in Aust speaks to what a great team they are…. Without trawling the history books I’d suggest only incredibly good sides are competitive touring Australia, the reality is that your home series are almost always one sided…. Those Windies sides flipping the script were other worldly tbh

South Africa won 3 straight test series in Australia this century - lost last won.

As "great" as India is we beat them in world test & odi championships

JJ

Immortal
South Africa won 3 straight test series in Australia this century - lost last won.

As "great" as India is we beat them in world test & odi championships
RSA and Australia conditions are relatively similar which is why it’s the one oversea place Warner has excelled.

sure maybe great is the wrong term, but they’re better in Aust than Aust is in India…. But I do think it’s hard to overstate how difficult touring Australia is

westerntiger

Juniors
channel seven cricket coverage is like those bouts of explosive diarrhoea that leave your arse hole feeling like its on fire