What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v West Indies @ Lords July 10-14, 2024

TheParraboy

Staff member
As great as it was for the Test Cricket for West Indies to beat us at the Gabba.

If you look at it from a realistic point of view it may go down as one of our worst ever losses at home.

We basically lost to a Ron Massey Cup side in RL terms.

No excuses but I think we put our main focus and mental hunger that year on the Indian tour, Ashes , Test Championship final and the ODI WC

Come the home summer we were pretty flat, Pakistan had the better of a couple of tests, only poor catching cost them a win or two

Come that last test, I think most of our players weren't there mentally. Would have been a good opportunity to play or blood a couple of other players tbh..

Bazal

Post Whore
Lol Poms on the.socials claiming Clouderson actually has more Test wickets than Warnie because Warnie took six in a World XI match.

Never mind he got Kallis, Lara, Tendulkar, Sehwag, or something in that game. Peanuts

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Where would I rank Anderson as a few poms have World GOATed him.
From the bowlers I've seen,
Below (in no particular order)
McGrath
Marshall
Ambrose
Wasim
Steyn
Hadlee
Garner
Lillee
Waqar
Cummins
Walsh

And below a few more as well

Bazal

Post Whore
McGrath
Marshall
Ambrose
Wasim
Steyn
Hadlee
Garner
Lillee
Waqar
Cummins
Walsh

And below a few more as well

He's very good but not great. Tbh, he's a perfectly ordinary bowler with extraordinary longevity. And that's worth recognising, but playing 188 tests and getting like 3-4 wickets a match average doesn't make you GOAT material.

Well, except morally ofc.

TheParraboy

Staff member
McGrath
Marshall
Ambrose
Wasim
Steyn
Hadlee
Garner
Lillee
Waqar
Cummins