What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Bangalore - Oct 9-13, 2008

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we've got good back paceman in Dougie

I would never rely on Kat's wrist spinner to get us through a test match in India

lockyno1

Post Whore
No, I just think in these conditions we need one bowler who genuinely reverse swings it, Bollinger doesn't, Siddle does.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Bollinger can bowl reverse swing

since when did the laws of physics not apply to Dougie

lockyno1

Post Whore
Bollinger does not do it as consistently as he has not done it much at State level. Siddle has done this consistently at State level, plus Siddle is better with the bat.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Bollinger does not do it as consistently as he has not done it much at State level. Siddle has done this consistently at State level, plus Siddle is better with the bat.

consistantly at state level? Siddle has only been there for 5 mins

Bollinger is a gun in the 4 day game

lockyno1

Post Whore
consistantly at state level? Siddle has only been there for 5 mins

Bollinger is a gun in the 4 day game

I was talking about the ability to reverse swing the ball. Siddle does it more than Bollinger does whether you NSW's believe it or not. The problem with this attack at the moment is no-one can reverse swing the ball, Lee is the best out of the bad bunch at the art of reverse swinging it.

aussies1st

Staff member
Siddle is great and all but hes not ready to make his debut. We struggled to bowl the India Board 11 out and yet you still want Siddle who was part of that lineup? Our first tour match, Bollinger comes on and we clean up the tail in no time. Hes proven he can bowl in India as he showed during the A matches.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I want someone that can reverse swing the ball. That is where our problem came. Both Zaheer and Sharma reverse swung the old ball. If we are going to rely on pace, we need a guy that reverse swings in in our lineup. I would not be totally against dropping Johnson and playing Siddle as he suits these conditions more than Johnson does.

Latest posts