What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Bangalore - Oct 9-13, 2008

aussies1st

Staff member
We had a great chance to win in India with our new look team but because we only wanted the draw (playing White) we cost ourselves a great chance.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I was reading eleswhere, they were saying White wasnt crying because he got his first test wicket and that it was also Tendulkar. He was crying cause every player went up to him and was stuffing up his hair style, LOL

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Krezja would not have made any difference imo

Kumble went wicketless and bowled a million overs, at least White got one of the best batsmen in the world out.

White is only a stop gap till McGain or Casson are back.

zaheer khan might just have made a big mistake here and i'm not sure whether senior indian players would have been pleased with his little comments ... comments like that usually only ever send australia one way and that isn't into defeat or draws

HevyDevy

Coach
Well the question now is who do we play in the second Test? Do we keep White or replace him?

Bollinger perhaps? Or fly Symonds over?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I still think we need a spinner, White and Clarke will have to do. The wickets in the next 3 test's are meant to turn much more.

HevyDevy

Coach
Ideally we would have a spinner, but we don't have any spinning options (White isn't a spinner by the way, given that he lacks the 'spin' part) so the question is:

Do we play our best 4th bowler or do we play the closest thing we have to a spinner?

lockyno1

Post Whore
A drawn series is a good result for us, White offers more in the batting department, without him at 8, our tail becomes too long

lockyno1

Post Whore
I'd rather have a bit more protection. If we get out of the 4 tests at nil-all then we have done well.

aussies1st

Staff member
Katich can bowl so we have 2 spinning options. We gotta have faith in our batsmen which in turn says to India we don't think you can bowl us out so we dropped a batter. Then we can go onto winning the match.

Also it seems Clark is in doubt, if he plays we have to take that 4th paceman, we can't have a repeat of the 1st test where he couldn't bowl so we had to rely more on White than we should have.

Latest posts