What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: India v Australia at Pune on Feb 23-27, 2017 - AUST WIN BY 333 RUNS

undertaker

Coach
Warney's probably jealous of sokky's record in india.

And now another one!!!

Warne only averaged 42 in India with the ball. I believe even Lyon has a better average in India than that.

Let's hope O'Keefe doesn't fall off the radar though. We all saw what happened to Jason Krezja after his 12 wickets on debut in 2008.

Lol this track is ridiculous. Great stuff SOK
Absolutely pathetic from team India, gutless worms.

In view of this comment below that I made yesterday, I can see this being true especially after Steve O'Keefe's 11 wickets (and possibly more, as there's still 4 more wickets to take). Like in 2012 vs England, dishing up a rank-turner has backfired on India and we'll be back to the nice, boring flat-tracks India have been infamous for, designed to inflate Kohli's average and at least ensure a draw with a large first innings score, putting all the pressure on Australia.

If India lose this test, you watch...the BCCI will be pushing very hard to make the next 3 test pitches flat-tracks which crumble appreciably on day 5, with the hope of India winning the toss, batting first and piling 500+ in the first innings.

The backfire of making these rank-turners reminds me of England's 2012 tour of India, when Panesar and Swann wreaked havoc in the conditions, taking 27 of India's 40 wickets in the two tests England won in that series (including 19 out of 20 in Mumbai).

Bazal

Post Whore
And that's 12 for the match....carn mate, one more...beat Warnie

I actually thought there was a nick on that but he's fired him

undertaker

Coach
O'Keefe has 12 now! When was the last time an Australian took more than 12 wickets in a test? Warne/MacGill/Krezja all bagged 12-fers.

Latest posts