What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test India v England at Chennai, Feb 5-9 2021

edabomb

First Grade
They'll regret not enforcing the follow on IMO. Expecting England to bat them completely out of the game and India to only be batting for the draw.

Bazal

Post Whore
They'll regret not enforcing the follow on IMO. Expecting England to bat them completely out of the game and India to only be batting for the draw.

Yep no reason not to enforce IMO. They have plenty of bowling, fatigue can't be that bad.

The only thing I can think of is like I mentioned earlier, they're scared of a possible 40 over 100 run chase late day five. But with the pitch the way it is I seriously doubt India make 241 following on.

undertaker

Coach
Very negative decision from whoever it was response in the England camp
not to enforce the follow-on, especially with time running out.

India's chance of getting a draw has significantly increased with England batting again

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms 4/71 - 312 lead

48 overs left today

Id say poms will be bowled out for 130-150, best thing for them

TheParraboy

Staff member
6/137 - 381 ahead

33 overs left in the day

They probably gunning for 400 run lead then declare

TheParraboy

Staff member
My senses tell me they will declare after this over, 1hr after tea - the drinks break I think

TheParraboy

Staff member
Must be taking drinks break a little later as 38 over session

Poms still batting 6/165

407 lead