What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 cents worth on recruitment for next season

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Just to be clear.

Dragons suck
Brown sucks
Coaching sucks
Management sucks
Recruitment sucks
Player retainment sucks
Half the players suck

And ALL of these points need to be addressed.

After almost 30 years of failure if it takes gutting the club to succeed, so be it!

big pat

Coach
doust and his cohorts are the real culprits,player and coaching decisions over the last 8 years are just a joke, no wonder everyone is laughing at us, we are the butt of the league, but help is on its way because bennett will see to that, he will bring the right players to the club,his coaching methods will be first class,he will also bring a winning culture to the club,just a shame we have to wait so long.

Just to be clear.

Dragons suck
Brown sucks
Coaching sucks
Management sucks
Recruitment sucks
Player retainment sucks
Half the players suck

And ALL of these points need to be addressed.

After almost 30 years of failure if it takes gutting the club to succeed, so be it!
They gut the club every year with letting potentially good young players go..
Posters always make reference to how many fantastic players are running around at other clubs.

Culling it again isn't the answer..

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Posters always make reference to how many fantastic players are running around at other clubs.

I disagree.

Who are the major purchases that the club has made in recent seasons? There isn't any.

I agree there are some fantastic former players at other clubs whilst we field a sub standard first grade side, but all that does is reinforce my point of poor player retainment.

I disagree.

Who are the major purchases that the club has made in recent seasons? There isn't any.

I agree there are some fantastic former players at other clubs whilst we field a sub standard first grade side, but all that does is reinforce my point of poor player retainment.
People may disagree but i believe that Reynoldson and Soward have been massive purchases for this season.

We would be right up the anus if these 2 were not here..

Reynoldson has not faulted all year and the same could be said for Soward.

Our club hardly ever makes major purchases, since the 80's they have always opted for 1 or 2 washed up or 30'sh year old players.

Some have been great value for money in the 1 or 2 seasons we have had them, not top notch players but none the less they filled the gaps quiet well whilst we had injuries or were low due to origin duties.

Although Colin Best sucked in defence he got us dozens of tries.
Appart from 1 or 2 harsh games Isemonger was great value for money.
Bickerstaff played 23 games for us in 1 season. (rare)
Adam Peek would have to had been the best buy in recent years. They should have kept him..
Albert Torrens was a great buy whilst we had guys injured and at origin.
Woolford isn't the fastest no.9 but his experience is needed atm.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm still not convinced that the Chase and Soward combination won't turn out good.

I'd love that to happen, but I doubt it will end up in that manner. I called for Chase to be put into 5/8 for half of last year, and the beginning of this year, but for whatever reason his form has dropped.

If Bennett can get Soward and Chase to pull together, then great. However if I had to back one of them, I'd back Soward for pure talent and future and realistically be happy to see us grab a stronger, more traditional 5/8 when moving forward.

I agree.

I think we've literally played our roster out of form.. We don't need to cull players. We simply need to train the talent we have to perform. We've let so much go in the past, that letting go what we have left is not going to do anything but continue to shoot us in the bloody remains of what used to be called our foot.

The Preacher

First Grade
Boom boom goes the drum..

If i was a current player and had the pressure to either play good and get shuffled weekly or play 1 bad game and get dropped to local level i would be a bit rebellious of my coach as well.

The current core of our team is fine, they have proven themselves to be able to achieve....

They just need a good kick up the ass by a multi premiership coach..

If you believe that Scott, it's the reason you aren't or weren't a current player. Players play footy, and f**k the admin. Admin, even Sh!thead Doust, don't miss tackles, drop the ball and give away silly penalties. Players playing like sh!t DO. And that's the problem at the Dragons now. Every one of those blokes CAN play, and if they're trying to blame coaching or admin, it's a f**king cop out for their own egotistical defincencies.
Boom, Boom goes the Drum.