What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 new videos on rlgame.com

Moffo

Referee
nice stuff, love the spin out of the tackles!

and the ankle tap! looking good

Cheers,
Moffo

ghoti

Bench
Currently downloading whilst doing my assignment...assignments...YIPPEE! :roll:

Forum Idiot

Bench
looks good especially spin out of tackles. the music gets very annoying after 5 or 6 times of watching though. haha

ghoti

Bench
Forum Idiot said:
looks good especially spin out of tackles. the music gets very annoying after 5 or 6 times of watching though. haha

On the subject of music...why is it there all of a sudden? If they were gonna add sound, in-game sound would be nice...I still haven't heard it yet, but by all reports, it is very good...

Mario

Juniors
Max01 said:
Forum Idiot said:

On the subject of music...why is it there all of a sudden? If they were gonna add sound, in-game sound would be nice...I still haven't heard it yet, but by all reports, it is very good...

The original videos Locksley had didn't have sound. Locksley just added it to make the videos more interesting.

This is an unofficial video release after all.

cool stuff the player movment ( ie the ease of which it seems directional change is possible) Looks great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The spin option was most unexpected IMO

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
How unrealistic is that one of vaikona, in bradford vs saints, he would never be able to get through our defence with that ease :D

Got to say it looks great, vaikona looks quite detailed, his fussy, queer hair looks good in it but if he tries any of those spins when i am playing against him, he can expect to be introduced to scully's forearm !

Forum Idiot

Bench
OoOGazOoO said:
How unrealistic is that one of vaikona, in bradford vs saints, he would never be able to get through our defence with that ease :D

Got to say it looks great, vaikona looks quite detailed, his fussy, queer hair looks good in it but if he tries any of those spins when i am playing against him, he can expect to be introduced to scully's forearm !
:lol: :lol: :lol: i liked that video too. looks like the spin move may be a little too affective though. oh well doesnt matter, cant really tell though because its only a 7 second clip.

Only 4 aussie players spin on regular occasions so I don't even know if it shold be there, Wiki does it once a game or so, but yeah lets hope its not too effective or we wil be spining left right amd centre and that would be bad, as its just not league

bippy

Juniors
i love in the ankle tap movie how the centre in the red jersey gets sucked in and the white jersey fulla hits the whole its so awesome!

OoOGazOoO

Juniors
Yeh i thought that vid where the london broncos centre gets sucked in towards the play is excellent, but what also is excellent is the pass that is chucked out to the st helens centre to exploit that gap, looks amazing, cut out pass, or face ball as we call it, creates that bit of space, cant wait, really cant wait.

***MH***

Bench
Jimmyson/Mullins said:
Only 4 aussie players spin on regular occasions so I don't even know if it shold be there, Wiki does it once a game or so, but yeah lets hope its not too effective or we wil be spining left right amd centre and that would be bad, as its just not league
i can imagine that it'd be less effective on players that usually don't spin and they'd get hammered trying.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Vaikona is a master at spinning out of tackles.Id be suprised if you could take any old joey and just spin out of a tackle.

BTW,does this mean theres a button to spin outta the tackle or is it just a case of hitting the sprint button and sometimes you will spin/break the tackle.

Goleel

Juniors
It's not like there is a spin move in the game, its just a tackle busting animation, for all we know it could easily have been two huge steamrolling barges over the tackles, but the game just chose the spin animation as its 'break tackle' animation of choice. We have no idea about it, if we play the game and you can spin out of three man tackles with a winger, then complain. Until then, give Sidhe the benefit of the doubt here.

If you want a bad spin move, play NFL2K1, that was bloody ridiculous, if you got into open space, it was a guaranteed touchdown, that spin move was just unstopable. Madden's spin move is pretty nice as well, if anyone can actually stop and change direction that quickly in real life, well, they're bloody good.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Goleel said:
if we play the game and you can spin out of three man tackles with a winger, then complain. Until then, give Sidhe the benefit of the doubt here.

We have wingers in Super League who do that on a regular basis.Vaikona,Carney and Vanikolo are masters of spinning out of heavy traffic.