What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

$20 000 for 20 000

SOULS 04

Juniors
I heard don furner on the radio this morning saying that if we can get 20 000 ppl into see the storm game the raiders will give $20 000 to the starlight foundation which would take a big chunk out of the $100 000 they are chasing.

so if you weren't gonna go you should definatley go now. come on everyone get there.

Bay56

First Grade
I'll bet Donny is hoping for 19,999 :lol:

seriously I cant see us getting 20K

SOULS 04

Juniors
well hopefully this news inspires some more to get out there. be unbelieveable if they got it.

dubby

Bench
20k.

I can remember when getting 20k wasn't all that hard in the ACT.
Broncos games were always a sellout, and I remember the day Ricky Stuart broke his leg in 93 against a mediocre Parra we drew 20k. (I was there)

Why is it so darn hard to get 20K?

What was the crowd for Loz's last game?

Bay56

First Grade
dubby said:
20k.

I can remember when getting 20k wasn't all that hard in the ACT.
Broncos games were always a sellout, and I remember the day Ricky Stuart broke his leg in 93 against a mediocre Parra we drew 20k. (I was there)

Why is it so darn hard to get 20K?

What was the crowd for Loz's last game?

Mal's last game got about 25K ... I think Loz's last game was a bit disappointing but it was a wet day.

The first game there against the dragqueens in 1990 drew just over 19K from memory ...

suffice to say I was at all those games :D

woodgers

Bench
I heard this on the Radio and thought it was a top idea. Now people of Canberra can support 2 charities by turning up on Saturday :D

jed

First Grade
woodgers said:
I heard this on the Radio and thought it was a top idea. Now people of Canberra can support 2 charities by turning up on Saturday :D
Not only that, they can say they were at Matt Elliott's final game at Bruce with the Raiders :p

SOULS 04

Juniors
geez i really hope we get the 20 000 caus for once we'd def outnumber the opponents supporters.

Raider_69

Post Whore
great initiative
for jason crokers last game, we would want AT LEAST 20k IMO
he deserves a packed out bruce

Raider Azz

Bench
lozza got 21,000 for his farewell, and it was a miserable day.

i don't why some of you don't think we can get 20,000, i think we can do it.

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
I think everyone that can should pre-order their tickets from ticketek so as to further boost the promotion of the game, 'Looks like a big crowd for this weekends blockbuster against the storm and to farewell our raiders hero's'
You know.. all that kinda jazz to get people excited about the game & boost the crowd numbers.

(Thats what i'll be doing right after i post this)

Copa

Bench
I know people who are pre-ordering tickets... people that usually don't go to games..

Copa

Bench
SOULS 04 said:
I heard don furner on the radio this morning saying that if we can get 20 000 ppl into see the storm game the raiders will give $20 000 to the starlight foundation which would take a big chunk out of the $100 000 they are chasing.

so if you weren't gonna go you should definatley go now. come on everyone get there.
is that the raiders or starlight foundation chasing $100,000?

Mal Meninga

Bench
I know this question comes up nearly every time... But what's the best and cheapest form of transportation? Will I be back in Sydney CBD by 11 if I get the train?

Loz

Juniors
Copa said:
is that the raiders or starlight foundation chasing $100,000?

Hahahahha... Starlight foundation, they're trying to kit out a van to entertain sick kids.

I'll bet they'll have the collection buckets about, just in case they don't make the 20 k crowd figure. Dig deep, guys.

Copa

Bench
Mal Meninga said:
I know this question comes up nearly every time... But what's the best and cheapest form of transportation? Will I be back in Sydney CBD by 11 if I get the train?
check out the murrays bus company's website... 3 ghours from Canbera to Sydney.

thickos

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:

Last train leaves at like 6pm mate, which is in the middle of the game.

Get a late bus - if they have one at say 9pm - and you'll be back in Sydney a bit after midnight.

Latest posts