What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20,000 pre sold for Brisbane Test

carlnz

Bench
Confirmed in the NZ papers today. Shot Brisbane, we can always count on you guys to get a decent crowd for International League!! Is it to late to change the final to brisbane?:sarcasm:

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
Why wasn't the Final in Brisbane to start with? I think Sydney should be written off the list completely given that they obviously care only for their precious NRL sides, like those ar$eholes you guys let talk about the games like Gould and Sterling.

brendothejet

First Grade
Hey man Im a sydneysider and I go everywhere i can to watch the matches.

Last night i walked into the stadium about 10 mins prior to kick off.

My heart just sank. I could barely enjoy my night as i stared at blue seats. It was a great game too, but tainted by the ficcle nature of sydney fans.

With 9 NRL clubs, why cant they each be assigned 3000 tickets and get a bonus for selling(not giving away) their allocation.

9 x 3000 = 27000 + 5000 members + 5000 walk ups

but no, no, they just break my heart again and give fuel to the fire of all the Intl RL haters.

At least i can look forward to a big one in brisbane...

eels_fan_01

Bench
It was a p1ss poor night and people hadnt got tickets before the night and it rained all day surely dont take a test match away from us because of that. We always had two games to attend in this years tri nations where Brisbane only has this one. So more syndey people will have gone to two test matches in sydney than one in brisbane.

brendothejet

First Grade
okay ANZAC test in Brisbane + Tri Nations Match vs 2 x Tri Nations MAtch

WONDER WHO WILL WIN...

eels_fan_01

Bench
If we dont sell out the final, no matter what conditions their are in weather i will bag us syndeysiders alrite?

Jeffles

Bench
If the final was in Brisbane, the possibility is that fans would go to one or the other - what is probably happening in Sydney. Brisbane will benefit from last night's result as fans will realise that this could be a contest.

Brisbane has a good record with international crowds of late but it has not alway been the case. The 1999 Tri Nations spring to mind.

I better get my ticket and book my flight soon. Can't wait!

Jeffles

Bench
This year would have been such a great chance to take Tests elsewhere. How often does Australia get 4 Tests in 7 weeks? NZ did the right thing by taking the game across the country - such a huge risk and I am glad they did it. The CHCH game drew the biggest Test crowd there for 78 years.

The ARL should have done similar. One game in Melbourne was a good start but they had the chance for something more. If Townsville, Canberra, Perth or Adelaide has good rectangle ground capable of holding 30,000 plus (my personal minimum capacity for Tests in Oz against GB and NZ) one of these cities should have been considered for the NZ game (since Sydney, Brisbane and Newcastle have hosted them recently), then Melbourne and Brisbane could have hosted GB (since Sydney hosted them last time in 2002) with the final in Sydney.

langpark

First Grade
I'll be getting about 10 tickets on Tuesday, I'll try and squeeze a ticket update outta ticketek, altho i doubt they'd know exactly how many have been sold

CANNOT WAIT for this match!!

After this game, either way the result swings, this place is going to go crazy!

:lol:! And rest assured, I'm sure I'll be somewhere in the middle :)

Rugby League administration(ARL and NRL both) need to stop taking sydney for granted and do more promotional work for big rugby league games.

the weather just shouldnt be an excuse b/c the tickets should be mostly pre/sold anyway.

having said that its great to see brisbane getting behind these big games, i'd say next time the tri nations is out here they will have a good shot at hosting the final.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Kurt Angle said:
This test should have been in Newcastle, Canberra or Townsville.

I agree but they didnt put it there.

I think the final should be in Sydney but the other game should have gone to Townsville.

colonel_123

Juniors
herbert henry1908 said:
Rugby League administration(ARL and NRL both) need to stop taking sydney for granted and do more promotional work for big rugby league games.

the weather just shouldnt be an excuse b/c the tickets should be mostly pre/sold anyway.

having said that its great to see brisbane getting behind these big games, i'd say next time the tri nations is out here they will have a good shot at hosting the final.

Well before the next tri-nations there's a world cup coming to Australia in 2008 and I think the way things are going Brisbane is showing that it deserves to host the world cup final.

Jeffles

Bench
Promotion for this Sydney Test was the best I have seen since 1992. Loads of radio and print ads as well as good coverage at NRL games and on Tri Nations telecasts. I won't fault them for this but maybe having two Tests in Sydney so close together was not the best idea.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
How about the Sydney media not make out like Gb are useless and will be flogged. Australians will turn up for a contest.